FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel pillow for TALL people? any other tips for tall people?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:40 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by cartmanqb
I am very tall (6'5) and thus usually can't sleep on a plane. I am considering buying a travel pillow and my research from previous posts is that Komfort Collar is definitely the best bet. However, I'm concerned that I am "too tall" for the pillow to be effective. That is, when I sit up straight in my seat, I can't put my head against the headrest because I am too tall.

Can anyone 1) confirm that the Komfort Collar is still good for people as tall as me 2) if not, suggest an alternate approach/pillow 3) if you have any interesting tips for tall people also let me know. Thanks so much!
where i'm not as tall as you (i'm 6'), i have been using the inflatable komfort collar for over 3 years and it is worth it's weight in gold. i think that as long as the pillow comes in contact with any part of the seat back or headrest, you will be fine. two tips....the first is that when you use the pillow, carry a bandana to lay flat along the inside of the pillow (where it would touch your neck). i find that because the pliiow becomes a complete circle around your neck, you will end up sweating a bit on your neck-having the bandana opened up and covering the pillow solves that problem. the second is buy it from magellan's as they have GREAT cusomer service. i had one pillow develop a leak after over a year of use (i think i inflated it too much [the key is to find the infatable 'sweet spot-takes practice but once you do, life is very comfy] and they replaced it for free with postage paid for the return ^. i would suggest placing the order by phone and giving the rep your concern so if in the event it doesn't work, ask if you can exchange it.