FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ for Continental, OnePass and Life's Greater Mysteries
Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:28 pm
Continental FAQ

Programs: Continental OnePass
Redeeming VS Awards With OnePass Miles

I WOULD LIKE TO REDEEM CO ONEPASS MILES FOR FLIGHTS OPERATED BY VS.
HOW DO I ACCOMPLISH THIS?
Standard coach rewards on VS cost 50,000 CO OnePass miles. In addition, VS standard Upper Class rewards cost 100,000 OnePass miles. (By way of comparison, a CO standard transatlantic coach reward costs 50,000 miles, and a standard BusinessFirst reward costs 100,000 miles). Currently, OnePass members may not redeem miles for travel in VS Premium Economy.

It is necessary to call OnePass to redeem a reward on VS. In my experience, it is best to search for VS flights with reward space available before calling CO, although CO OnePass agents seem to be improving with respect to searching for VS availability. In order to search for reward space on VS flights, simply go to www.virginatlantic.com and sign up for a Flying Club account. Once you have a Flying Club account, you can search the VS reward calendar for availability on your selected dates and cabin of service.
I'M HAVING TROUBLE FINDING VS REWARD SEATS ON MY SELECTED ROUTES AND DATES...

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Determine whether there is reward availability out of another VS US gateway city and build a segment on CO or another Star Alliance partner to that gateway city. For example, if you wanted to fly on the nonstop IAD-LHR flight but it had no reward availability, check JFK, EWR, or BOS. Then, if EWR has a seat available, just build in a CO segment DCA-EWR.

VS currently operates the following US-LHR-US routes:
BOS-LHR - 1x daily
EWR-LHR - 2x daily
IAD-LHR - 1x daily
JFK-LHR - 3x daily
LAX-LHR - 10x weekly
MIA-LHR - 1x daily
SFO-LHR - 1x daily
In addition, VS offers the following additional US-UK services:
LAS-LGW (NOT a CO codeshare) - 1x daily
MCO-LGW - 15x weekly (summer); 1x daily (winter)
MCO-MAN - 10x weekly (summer); 1x daily (winter)

Last edited by Continental FAQ; Dec 10, 2009 at 5:03 pm