FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France Catering - lets have your menus
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:34 am
Threy
Suspended

Since fellow member chrissxb challenged me in one of his last posts
Originally Posted by chrissxb
can you make on post here without bashing AirFrance?
I will try my best and post my last AF menu, which was from CDG-LAX or CDG-SFO...

Choice of Hors D`oeuvre

Duck Foie Gras Terrine, Fruit Chutney

Marinated Red Mullet and Tomato Tart ( one AF advantage vs. KLM, you still can choose from two appetizers, KLM only offers one for at least 4-5 years now )

Choice of Main Courses

Pan-Seared Lamb Noisette, Simmered Carrots and Herbed Artichoke Bottoms

Sauteed Shrimp with Lemon Balm Cream Sauce, Basmati Rice and Eggplanr Ratatouille

Breast of Duckling with Port WIne Sauce ( Plat du jour )

Our special Selection of Cheese

Camembert, Cabecou, Fourme D`ambert ( extra cheese course makes AF full meals 4 course meals, many competitors do only offer 3 courses )

Dessert

Pear Tartlet, Dark Choco Dessert, Sherbet served with Cookies, Choice of Fresh Fruit ( Dessert Tray looks nice )

I would not call it disappointing, the cheese course lackes some quality ( or my expectations were too high ) but otherwise it was at least on par with KLM or LH, if not better after flying LH LAX-FRA last week in C...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537529

Flew SQ Raffles two weeks ago and all the abovementioned do not even come close, the presentation already sets SQ apart and the meals are simply in another league, but SQ is a Top 3 carrier and AF by all accounts a very solid airline, which has cut a lot and has no ambition to play in the real upscale league.