FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Food or lack of food on LH Interconti Flights
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:37 am
Threy
Suspended

Food or lack of food on LH Interconti Flights

Hi everybody,

after enjoying a LH long haul flight for the first time since late summer last year, I witnessed a lot of cost cutting recently.

LH has always realised some potential savings long before the competition, but it seems that Interconti C has reached a level where it would not be blasphemy to compare the food on LH Interconti C with KLM Interconti Y 1 or 2 years ago and I did not smoke pot or had too many beers.

Asian chicken salad, which sounds good was a plate of 5 pieces of sliced cucumber, 4 or 5 julienne carrots sticks and three small pieces of chicken and that was the appetizer , was served with a really really small bowl of green salad and 4 pieces of beetroot...

Seriously the breakfast consisted of an omelette ( plain tasteless ), 4 small pieces of potatoes and one piece of sausage, the fruit bowl consisted of 2 slices of orange and 2 slices of grapefruit and 4 blueberries, in addition to that one could take a bakery item, seconds were offered, however I had to beg for a second 14.2 g plastic container of jam or 20 g container of Nutella and we are talking about a US West Coast departure, so 10+ hours flight…KLM in Y offers more and better food on a comparable long haul service..., in C you get at least some cerials and cold cuts in addition to the warm dish...

After flying the same route multiple times on AF and KL during the last months, their food is vastly superior and both cut back some items and quantity as well…but KLM`s a la carte breakfast option is really light years ahead of LH.

I would be interested to recapitulate all the cutbacks in F, C and Y over the years, especially in terms of the meal services and would appreciate some input, even only for small things, like Flysurfer mentioned in another thread, the replacement of chocolate with Giotto…

I understand the penny pinching nature of the business these days, however at some point you have to make a cut and deliver some quality according to the fare class !

I fear my dark projections of continous cutbacks in Y and C will become reality sooner than expected...