FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Impact Travel
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2005, 8:02 am
Joe1690

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
There are 2 possible explanations for your above statement that may actually go hand in hand. First off, they no longer list the unrestricted tickets online so this is probably why they are stating that it will require at least 25,000 points. Perhaps unrestricted tickets have a different scheme. Secondly, since I saw the changes and was interested in reading the terms and conditions of the ThankYou network to find out more about unrestricted travel I discovered that global impact no longer is administering the travel program. Instead, Expedia now is administering the program. I am not sure when this change happened and wonder how easy or hard it will be to redeem a reward with expedia. Also, the new terms and conditions don't say that global impact has the final authority on what can be redeemed and not for airtravel but rather states that the ThankYou Network has the right to make that decision. This could be good or bad depending on who you talk to. So I think we now need to start a new thread for the thankyou network with the redemption availability for flights offered by expedia since GI doesn't administer the program anymore. (we are back to square one).