FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crediting back Reserved Upgrades
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2004, 7:16 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Unhappy Reserved SWUs not shown as "reserved" -- just gone!

OK, there still appear to be lots-o-problems with the system -- at least with how the website works. (Not news, I realize -- just confirming that there are still problems. )

I recently (two days ago) booked a roundtrip to Europe for November, and used the new online feature that permits you to upgrade with SWUs. It seems to have worked, in that my flights are shown as waitlisted for upgrade on the web.

But, when I look at my e-upgrade summary online, it just shows two fewer SWUs. Which would be fine, but there is NO "reserved upgrade" listing at all in the summary, even though I am using the View feature to look at Reserved and Redeemed Upgrades (and OF COURSE I put in a reasonable date range -- it defaults to a weird one ending a year from now ) So, no history showing that the SWUs were reserved, no listing of reserved upgrades, NOTHING. Just a total of two fewer SWUs.

I have to agree with others' comments about the lack of QA that has been applied to this website. I resent being an unwilling beta (or maybe "alpha" would be more accurate) tester for this system!