FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Really dislike the TSA? Going to do something about it? Or are you just a talker?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 8:37 am

Doppy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did my part.

I went through LAX screening Saturday, where I was asked for my boarding pass three times within about 100 feet of eachother.

Then, despite having no metal on me at all and not setting off the metal detector, I got selected for a secondary search. I think it may have had something to do with me asking why I had to show my BP three times in a row.

As I've mentioned on other threads, my SOP is now to request a private screening. This greatly slows down the process, as they have to devote two TSA people to you, rather than one, and take the time to lead you over to a private room, close the door, get set up, etc.

Now, it didn't make much of a difference at the time, as there were tons and tons of TSA people standing around and no pax, but at busy times this would cripple the system (thus putting some pressure on the system to change). It also looked like they only had one private screening room (which doubled as their office), so they couldn't handle more than one pax at a time.