FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF WP's Mileage Run
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2004, 9:05 am
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Unhappy MR Update # 3

Well, as many have guessed correctly, I have made it here to PER and yes, my first stop was the bar for a soothing HP, as the flight over was fairly dry ('cause I'd have had to pay for alcohol being a weekend). I did get a Red sent back from J, the CSS took pity on me...

PER lounge has finished it's renovations and is looking very smick!

Now who was the winner - well, nobody guessed it, I was rather ungraciously put on QF571 by the clueless CSA (great description RichardMEL), who might as well have seated me out on the wing (it probably would have been a better seat than 4 rows from the back!!!!)

Originally Posted by chrisb
This is a Mileage Run, and the direct flight would be far too sensible
D### right there except where you have no other options as I didn't not want to get to PE, as that would have meant losing the real reason for the days activities.

Originally Posted by chrisb
Bonus points to QF WP if he managed to talk his way onto SYD-BNE-PER tonight.
Great idea, but no bonus points for QF WP. The clueless CSA would have really been confused with that one. We had to make it simple for her...

NM, whilst I couldn't be bothered wasting a digital photographic image (the first photo clearly showed there was no way you could see which way it's going). I sample tested all 3 operative showers (and toilets) and the rotation is clockwise.

Have spoken to IainF by telephone (given that he was in PER tonight) and somebody has been pestering me by SMS, didn't know the number but now I know who it was (after reading these posts).

Now that I have had a shower and feel much more like the QF WP of old, I'll be playing on their computers for the next 60 minutes until my flight is called. Lounge just starting to fill now. Just hope I don't fall asleep in the corner and miss my flight - cause I finally got an upgrade through on this trip. Looks like an all sleep sector PER/SYD, maybe waking up for some breakfast.

Last edited by QF WP; May 1, 2004 at 9:13 am Reason: cause I've been awake for 23 hours