FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So, I won a trip to Australia on United...
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:43 am
Monolith2

Thanks for the help everyone! And sorry that I posted this in the wrong forum initially, thanks for moving it.

The flight is UA839 departing LAX at 10:37 PM on September 24th. The most "status" I have is a regular 'ole mileage account with something like 21k expired miles. lol

Channa, UA isn't sending a 1099, but I think the company paying for the whole prize is. Taxes are gonna be rough, you're right... but I did check into it all before accepting and it works out to be a pretty good deal. Besides, it's AUSTRALIA! How could I say no?

I guess my biggest concerns are whether or not I'm going to physically fit in the seats, and if I can, whether or not it's going to make people next to me really uncomfortable. I know if I were in someone else's shoes I'd be cursing my luck if I had to sit next to a 6'5" sasquatch for 15 hours. :/

Do any of you know if I'd be allowed to stand somewhere out-of-the-way for most of the flight? Like by the lavatories or exits?