FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Timeframe for Randy to make a decision?
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:35 am
Randy Petersen
Founder of FlyerTalk

I'm near a completion and i hope you can appreciate that there were nearly 900 posts in all the combined threads related to or with some reference to this action. Reading those posts and then re-reading them several more times to connect the dots, so to speak, has taken a huge amount of time. But I'm close. Actually, I even asked for a few volunteers in OMNI to assist me there so i could take more time away to review this, so again, it has had my attention, but in fairness to all the members of FlyerTalk, so have other issues such as the coming re-launch of FlyerTalk with new features on Sept. 2.

As for your comments about support of FlyerTalk. You can make any decision you want but I would think that a wise member of FlyerTalk appreciates that there are likely no winners in any decision I make, Most members of FlyerTalk are not even aware and are perfectly fine with the value of FlyerTalk as a travel resource. Those interested in this issue will also understand that in any decision, half of those affected with be happy, the other half not happy. So, if following along some of the lines of this "support" issue, it may mean that a few members will be not happy enough to leave. I can't change that for them, since if the decision went the other way, it would mean the same, just different members.

But regardless of what I decide to do, I place the best interest of all of FlyerTalk first and for those of you that have been on FlyerTalk for any amount of time, I hope you know that that plan has worked the best over time and hopefully in the end, whether you like my decision or not, you'll at least respect that I alone made the decision, it was clearly communicated and explained and that I earned enough of your respect in the manner in which I have stepped in that you will put the issue aside and continue with the same level of support that got you and all the rest of us here - to the most valuable business travel resource on the Internet.

But I am close, very close to my decision.

Thanks for the question.

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
I realize Randy must be very busy.

About the flyertalk backing religious organizations, is there a time frame for Randy to make a decision? He did say a few days.

The decision that is made will decide whether I can in all conscience be part of this community or not. Lack of decision in my mind will mean tacit support which I cannot be a part of.

Do not want to push, just want to know an approximate time frame for a decision to be made.