Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Question about SAS standby practice.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about SAS standby practice.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:19 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by nacho
You answered the question yourself - standard "continental" breakfast

A lot of non-Scandinavians eat hot breakfasts - that's why you have American breakfast and full English breakfast. Chinese eat hot food for breakfast too.
True, but it is still a much more generous breakfast than a continental European hotel might offer (French/Italian), even if it is far less of a selection than the breakfast buffets at Norwegian hotels.

The ideal lounge breakfast within what's economically viable for the airline would probably be LH Senator at LHR.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ksu
The ideal lounge breakfast within what's economically viable for the airline would probably be LH Senator at LHR.
I'm confident that if SK would provide that and a few slices of overdue dried salmon for the hardcore locals, it would disappoint nobody and satisfy a greater audience than their current offering does.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by pswe
Even if you're not officially allowed to be flexible with your booking class, I'd say you'll have a pretty good chance getting onboard the earlier flight. Try with a smile at the gate and if the earlier flight is not full, my SK-experience tells that you'll be allowed onboard in at least 75% of the cases. (to increase chances make sure to travel without checked luggage)
Do you still feel this is the case? Or is standby simply not allowed same day? SAS Go fare + *G for me. Domestic flight within Norway. Any shot?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
When in SAS Go the chance is close to zero - SK couldn't care less that you are *A Gold. You need to be in SAS Plus or to be EBD to be able to go standby for earlier flight.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I've asked in TRD to go on the earlier OSL flight a few times, arguing that my connection in OSL is rather tight (40 min) and that they already had delays. Gate agents were always open and it worked 2/3 times because people no showed.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:18 am
Community Director Emerita

Agent at TRD booked my husband and I onto next earlier OSL flight. We had a cheap fare. I figured there was no downside in asking but I was fully prepared to be told no. I think she said she was doing it because we are both Star Gold.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Do you still feel this is the case? Or is standby simply not allowed same day? SAS Go fare + *G for me. Domestic flight within Norway. Any shot?
If it’s point to point service with no onward connection, I’d say it’s a rejection most of the time. If it’s part of an itinerary with a close onward connection with some flight delays on the day, luck is better but not guaranteed even a third of the time. The smaller, short-haul stations tend to be more generous with this, perhaps because the staffing situation means they are more likely to face you when things go wrong than staff at the hubs.

Generally, I find the CPH and ARN and OSL ticketing staff to be ok enough but fair-minded sticklers for the rules. Gate agents are a bit more free-wheeling, but the GA staffing situation has gotten tighter over the years and made it less likely they have as much time to assist even if the GAs were previously inclined to help. Overall, I find SK way more flexible in this regard than AF, KL, BA or LH/LX/OS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.