Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Post Your EBG Upgrade Successes!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
I was away from SAS for about a year but since getting my EBG back, I have decided to give them a chance again.

I got re-routed from PEK-ARN-TMP to PEK-CPH-TMP due to the technical problem with CA911 and in the same time I got an upgrade for CPH-TMP to Y from M. I must say that I loved the late night snack onboard, the salmon and chicken was very delicious.

I wonder why they didn't just move the divider and put me into the M originally as Y was pretty much completely empty (about 5 rows and 3 passengers incl me) but M was really full (Business completely empty). I got my upgrade already in PEK but I didn't pay too much attention to that before in CPH.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: EBG, Enrich
Originally Posted by SK AAR
wow, that is nice, in particular as you indicate two persons and bypassing Y+ entirely. Are we talking about op-upg. or point-upg.? Assuiming that you mean op-upg. how did you get them/where did you ask?
Can´t exactly recall witch where op-upg or point-upg since i used to carry uppgradevouchers, witch were to expire, along with me on private trips. That way i could prolong the expiredate of the EB-points one year. Today you can´t.
What I remember for sure is that I/we was op-ups from M to Y+ a couple of times and then point-upg to C. In some occasions I/we was op-upg from M-C. When i look at my EB-log i see that I have spend 240k points on uppgradevouchers in the last five years but I also know for sure that some of them were never used.

I always use expertflyer.com to find flights that doesnt looks to crowded i C. So far this have been succesfull!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:23 am

Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
Last 3 years:
M > C CPH - IAD
M > C CPH - DUB
M > Y+ CPH - BKK
M > C CPH - BKK
M > C OSL - CDG (3 times!)
M > Y+ CDG -OSL
Y+> C ATH - CPH
y+> C DXB - CPH

6 - 8 times upgrade of room at Radisson SAS
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:03 am
fcl

Programs: EBS
As only EBS (and EBB during the first round trip) I can report this success, only op-up, so far never used points to upgrade:

2006:

ARN-ORD C
ORD-CPH C

ARN-ORD C
ORD-CPH Y+

2007:

CPH-IAD C
ORD-CPH Y+

ARN-ORD Y+
ORD-CPH Y+

CPH-EWR C
IAD-CPH Y+

All are Y+ tickets. I have only had one upgrade to the new C however.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 5:35 pm

Got EB basic and got upgraded because my girlfriend got a seat far from me when we were promised 2 together.

STO - EWR

Booked in W, traveled in Y+. New Y+ product is very nice ^
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:26 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
2007:
PEK-ARN M --> Y+ (Regular Op-Up - EBB at the time)

2008:
CPH-ORD M(X) --> Y+ ("Good service"-upgrade due to a somewhat unpleasant passenger next to me. Didn't even have to ask for a different seat, and I was moved before take off. Thank you, SAS! )
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:17 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
TMP-ARN M (award) -> C

According ARN Service center, ARN-PEK C is completely full but otherwise flight should be quite okay so chances for another op-up are pretty non-existing. EF showing it completely zero but according to Service center they have volunteers for point upgrades so I think they will clear it. Too bad ... point upgrades "ruin" our op-ups (don't take too seriously if you are using points to upgrade).
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:30 pm

PEK-ARN M (award) -> Y

BN1 through Internet check-in and then friendly reminder at the check-in that if they need volunteers to be upgraded then I am more than happy to help them. Upgrade to Economy Extra without points, looks like completely full flight.

Let's see how is the new Economy Extra and service.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:27 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Nice

Was upgraded from city view to sea view room (which turned out to be a business class room) at RadissonSAS, Nice last week. Got this upgrade due to EBG status, not Goldpoints Plus status. Also received 3 pm check out (did not ask for later check out). The upgrade was worth 130 Euro/night, so happy!

OT: The flight nce-osl was full. They chose to upgrade two girls who did not understand what had happened instead of me and my GF (both EBG), so never expect op-up from NCE even though the flight is sold out. A lot of EBGs with families on this route (were more than 20 people in the lounge, all on the same flight to OSL). For the record: We did not ask for any upgrade.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:39 am

Programs: EBG/FlyingBlue Gold
My wife and I (both EBGs) travel to the US (CPH-EWR;IAD;ORD;SEA) a couple of times a year on Y tickets. Over the last four years, we have managed op-ups on at least half the flights from the US but only once from CPH. For the rest we have managed to get upgrades for points.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 4:25 am

Programs: EBG
Greetings from the CPH lounge,

Three times from V to Y as EB silver and once from Y to C as EBG.

CPH-SEA: V to Y
CPH-EWR: V to Y
SEA-CPH: V to Y
ORD-CPH: Y to C (as EBG)

I have had a couple of those where I request upgrade for points but are told that the upgrade will be "compliments of SAS this time".

Maybe they see the pattern? I'm flying V and they upgrade me to Y so that I can have a taste of it. I start flying Y and they upgrade me to C to tempt me again hahaha

Joking aside. The last upgrade from ORD was probably thanks to the Lufthansa strike last week. When I checked ExpertFlyer it was not fully booked a few days ahead and I would have had my seat in Y as ordered.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 4:36 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
I trust we are talking about operational upgrades here, even though there are a few points-for-upgrades mentioned.

I think i have done quite well out of upgrades from EBG, i cant remember all the hotels but flights are something like:

MAN-ARN, cheapo economy to business, about 4x
ARN-MAN, cheapo economy to business, once
MAN-HEL, cheapo economy to business, twice
ARN-ORD, B economy to business, 3x
ORD-CPH, B economy to Y+, 3x and Y+ economy to business 2x
IAD-ARN, B economy to Y+, 2x
ARN-PRG-ARN, cheapo economy to business

The B economy tickets i was running on, were the older flexible economy tickets but not in Economy Plus.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 8:53 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
The last 8 out of 10 times I've flown I have been upgraded. My last trip was CPH - ORD 2 weeks ago and ORD - CPH yesterday both opup'ed Y+ to C. This had to be one of the best advantages to being a Goldmember!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:32 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
a new way to get an upgrade, or just luck?

It has been a long time since I have received an upgrade on SAS, even with the EBG and travelling Econ Extra on SAS. I have some routes that I fly Swiss instead as the Swiss business ticket is usually the same as the SAS econ extra (CPH-BOS, CPH-DEL etc).

A colelague of mine seems to get upgraded regularly, so this is what he does:

Never gets a seat allocated in advance
Never checks in on-line
Checks in earliest 1.5 hours before take off

I usually break all of these rules. He just sms'd me that he just got upgraded again CPH-SEA. I am on this flight on Saturday, so I will try his theory. The flight is full in econ extra at the moment as I can't get a seat allocated.

I will try this out and report back.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Check in as late as possible may be a nice idea, but in regular eco it will just result in getting a middle seat in the back of the bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.