Wiki Posts
Search

Letter from SAS and a new card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2007, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Letter from SAS and a new card

Today I got my new card for the next period and a letter with it:

Its our pleasure to inform you that your Silver status as a EuroBonus member is being renewed. Please find enclosed your new Silver membership card. Your card is valid until you accumulate enough Basic points to be upgraded to Gold membership.

Ok, luckily there was a Gold card with it and I am EBG already third year. Also first time there is Estonian Air logo on it. Probably, that means SK will buy rest of the shares from OV soon.

What do you think. Should I inform Estonian EB member service about their mistake?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 7:09 am

Yes.

PS. Can you post a picture of the card? Where is the additional logo placed?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 7:14 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by tktk
Today I got my new card for the next period and a letter with it:

Ok, luckily there was a Gold card with it and I am EBG already third year. Also first time there is Estonian Air logo on it. Probably, that means SK will buy rest of the shares from OV soon.
Although there is a good chance for that happening is it wrong to draw this conclusion based on this. For instance are Lot, Adria og Croatia Airlines member of Lufthansa's Miles&More without LH owning anyobe of them
Old Nov 2, 2007, 8:55 am

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
Yes.

PS. Can you post a picture of the card? Where is the additional logo placed?
Here's a picture from their website:
http://www.estonian-air.ee/24303

Click on Tavaklient and Hõbeklient to see EBB and EBS designs.

My EBG renews this month, so I'll see if they make a mistake in the text in my letter also.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 3:15 am

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by jfidler
My EBG renews this month, so I'll see if they make a mistake in the text in my letter also.
I just got my EBG and the text is accurate -- it refers to the enclosed Gold (not Silver) card. The card has an Estonian Air logo in the top right corner.

Maybe this will help when I fly OV from places with few EBGs. In July I flew MXP-TLL and I got bumped to 2 different lounges and only after a few phone calls did they realize that I was allowed in as an EBG flying OV (since OV is not in *A).
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Just got my EBG card with airBaltic logo on the top right side. Let's see whether it helps in places like MUC and DUS where BT is not really known and recent experience shows no lounge access to SK*G.

There's something new on the other side -- Sixt CD code.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I'm sure they just packed the wrong letter. The new card actually looks great
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:39 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Someone83
Although there is a good chance for that happening is it wrong to draw this conclusion based on this. For instance are Lot, Adria og Croatia Airlines member of Lufthansa's Miles&More without LH owning anyobe of them
Well, LH Miles and More doesn't own them but LOT Airlines is a fully integrated M&M partner like Austrian Airlines or Swiss. So I guess LOT members have a LOT logo on their card like Swiss members have a LX logo on their card instead of the LH one.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tommy777
I'm sure they just packed the wrong letter. The new card actually looks great
Actually they did not packed the wrong letter, because under the letter where the EBG card was glued, was printed EBG number and bar code. But the letter was written about Silver Status.

Also I did send the letter back to them, but ofcourse nobody answered.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 6:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by tktk
Actually they did not packed the wrong letter, because under the letter where the EBG card was glued, was printed EBG number and bar code. But the letter was written about Silver Status.
So they printed it to the wrong paper - they have these ready printed papers where they just print the number and bar codes and glue the card in. Someone chose a wrong paper and didn't notice the error.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 7:19 am

Doesnt matter if the card shows gold or not, if you are EBS in the system you will not get the perks since the system checks towards the EuroBonus databse at airports and lounges e.t.c

But on Avis, Hertz and hotels It would probably work ^
Old Dec 6, 2007, 7:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Balboa
Doesnt matter if the card shows gold or not, if you are EBS in the system you will not get the perks since the system checks towards the EuroBonus databse at airports and lounges e.t.c

Not true in non SAS lounges. At most lounges (except SAS lounges) they don't swipe the card, they just look at it and write down the numbers. That goes for UA, US, LH and NZ (the airlines I have flown recently)
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Just saw a picture of the co-branded DC card. It looks nice as well:
http://www.sas.no/no/EuroBonus/Om-EuroBonus/
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Balboa

I am gold and have got all the perks and also gold in system. But they just made a mistake in a letter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.