Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 7, 07, 5:18 am   #1

A point bargain which doesn't exist!

This month's point bargains (valid until June 14th) from Sweden are interesting.

On SAS website (http://www.sas.se/sv/EuroBonus/Erbju...yheter/PB-maj/) it's stated that you can book these awards (among others):

Stockholm-Glasgow for 15 000 points in M, 20 000 in mixed classes and 25 000 in C both ways.

Stockholm-Reykjavik for 20 000 points in M, 25 000 in mixed classes and 30 000 in C both ways.

Now to the interesting part: SAS doesn't have a C class service on either Stockholm-Reykjavik or Stockholm-Glasgow! I called Eurobonus to ask whether C class had been reinstated, but no. Then I asked if the price for C really was the price for Y, but no:

"You can only book C or M as an award, not Y". So what are the prices for C mentioned in the point bargain then? EB member service had no idea...
SK989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 07, 5:57 am   #2

Programs: SK*G, BT VIP, TF G, SJ Blk, Avis PrClb, HH Diamond, Sixt Dmnd, Radisson Gold, BW gold
I guess you will get greater availability if willing to use C-points and seating in Y. ALso if you are not EBG you might be interested in lounge, premium CI etc?
Should be clearly stated.
It sucks with point bargains to non Business Class-destinations.
Old Jun 7, 07, 6:06 am   #3
esv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ View Post
I guess you will get greater availability if willing to use C-points and seating in Y. ALso if you are not EBG you might be interested in lounge, premium CI etc?
Well, the problem here is that SAS doesn't allow you to do this. It seems to be technically impossible to book an I class award on the two class flights outside Scandinavia.
esv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 07, 11:01 am   #4

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
What's the availability on these routes for award seats?

It seems interesting that two new routes, such as these, becomes selected as point bargain destinations.
GetAA81Back2ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 07, 4:03 pm   #5

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; SAS EB Gold ; LH SEN ; EK Silver ; AY Silver
This I/X difference is strange indeed. When i booked my RIX LYR, i could get availability in C only, on one leg. The RIX ARN OSL alone was available in Y and C, OSL LYR was not available at all (only Y for domestic norway) but RIX ARN OSL LYR was available in C.

This means that even domestic flights have award availability in C, although there is no C class, and although they don't "sell" C-class priced award with Y seating when booking this flight not in connection with a flight that offers a proper C class.

FYI, i got seat assignment in row 3 on the Norwegian domestic flights together with my international C award booking. (i am EBBasic now).
ranskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 07, 5:21 am   #6

Programs: SK*G, BT VIP, TF G, SJ Blk, Avis PrClb, HH Diamond, Sixt Dmnd, Radisson Gold, BW gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranskis View Post
This I/X difference is strange indeed. When i booked my RIX LYR, i could get availability in C only, on one leg. The RIX ARN OSL alone was available in Y and C, OSL LYR was not available at all (only Y for domestic norway) but RIX ARN OSL LYR was available in C.

This means that even domestic flights have award availability in C, although there is no C class, and although they don't "sell" C-class priced award with Y seating when booking this flight not in connection with a flight that offers a proper C class.

FYI, i got seat assignment in row 3 on the Norwegian domestic flights together with my international C award booking. (i am EBBasic now).
I would guess you get section 1 seating due to that leg being a business class award (one class service)? Or you would be further back in the bus for sure. At least intra Sweden it is virtually impossible to get section 1 seating on economy tickets if not EBG. SOmething that I think is in order.
Old Jun 8, 07, 12:47 pm   #7

The flights are 2 class so you would at least get seating up front in Economy Extra with service and drinks. Oh, and Lounge access
tommy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 07, 4:45 am   #8
esv

But why is it not bookable on the new two-class routes? We have three different cases here:

Domestic flights: One-class cabin. For a pure domestic flight it's not possible to book I awards anymore, at least not online. But if you have an international connection you can get I-class award for the domestic segment.

Intra-Scandi flights: Two-class cabin, I and X awards. I gets seating in Economy Extra.

New two-class routes: Two-class cabin, only X awards -- so not possible to sit up front on an award ticket, not even if you have a connecting flight .
esv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 07, 12:43 pm   #9

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Domestic/Intra-Scandinavian routes have availability in all classe (incl C), which the Y/M routes outside of Scandinavia doesn't. I would assume that I class is only available when C D and J is also available.
larsll is offline   Reply With Quote