Search

Customs and Interlining at ARN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Customs and Interlining at ARN

Hello all,

I will be making my first trip to Scandinavia in a few weeks, and I am hoping for a bit of advice.

I am flying US fro PHL to ARN, arriving at 08:15. I plan to head to OSL later the same day. There is a direct SAS flight at 9:45; is that cutting it too close? If so, the alternative is to wait until 13:40. Also, I assume that I can interline bags from US to SAS; if anyone knows different, I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by gbjd1205
Hello all,

I will be making my first trip to Scandinavia in a few weeks, and I am hoping for a bit of advice.

I am flying US fro PHL to ARN, arriving at 08:15. I plan to head to OSL later the same day. There is a direct SAS flight at 9:45; is that cutting it too close? If so, the alternative is to wait until 13:40. Also, I assume that I can interline bags from US to SAS; if anyone knows different, I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks in advance.
There is an interline agreement between SAS and US Airways, so there shouldn't be any problem with your luggage. A 90 min transfer time is more than enough at ARN. You will have to pass immigration at ARN when transfering to OSL, since you're arriving from a non-Schengen country and are leaving for another Schengen country than Sweden. You don't have to pass through customs at ARN, you'll do that in OSL.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 2:04 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I agree with SK989 90 mins is more than enough, official MCT intl->intl is 30 mins at ARN I think.
With 90 mins between flights you'll even have time to reclaim and recheck your luggage in case US refuses to interline.
Generally it's always a good idea to have some marginal when travelling on separate tickets in case of delays, but this sounds like a viable solution.

Passport control is at ARN and customs in OSL as mentioned. You will have to go through security again at ARN though, if your luggage has been interlined to OSL there is a transfer security checkpoint to the right after passport control which will take you directly to the main transfer hall.

Last edited by jacob_m; Jun 8, 2007 at 2:15 am
Old Jun 8, 2007, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Many thanks for the advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.