Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurobonus Silver benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
DinersClub luggage tags? Uhmm... Have I missed something?
At least in Finland they used to send those luggage tags once a year. I stopped using the card so I haven't of course received those for some time now. I am describing the situation in Finland.

Oh well ... maybe they are saving money too and stopped giving those. Or maybe you have to ask for those nowadays.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:28 am
Original Poster

DinersClub luggage tags? Uhmm... Have I missed something?
Just send an e-mail to DC member service online and they will send it to you!
They are in the format of the old EBG tags which are much more descrete and doesn't show the address to everybody except when needed (i.e. you will have to open it to read the contact details).
Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Do-it-yourself EBS

- Luggage tags: from a credit card company
- Lounge access: Priority Pass or DC (oops, EBS doesn't have lounge access)
- Priority check-in: use electronic check-in and avoid queues
- Priority on overbooking etc: just take the money and rerouting (and/or get a capable TA and travel insurance)
- Hotel/Car rental etc: good TA or credit card benefits

Old Feb 26, 2007, 7:15 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
I called Diners Club and they told me they didn't had any luggage tags. He then asked me if I had a combined DC/EB card and I said "yes, I have EBS" so he said I should call SAS. But since SAS doesn't give luggage tags to EBS' anymore I guess I'm back at my original post:

I know it sounds kinda stupid, but I'd like to have the EBS luggage tags back again.
^
Old Feb 26, 2007, 7:23 am

I called Diners Club and they told me they didn't had any luggage tags. He then asked me if I had a combined DC/EB card and I said "yes, I have EBS" so he said I should call SAS.
Hmmm ... when I come to think of it. I haven't received any DC luggage tags after I switched to combined cards. So DC doesn't give you any if you have a combined card. Clever. Of course if they stopped giving them altogether then it is another matter.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 7:34 am

Yeah, but I asked for luggage tags before even mentioning that I'm EBS... Well, I guess I'm stucked with my FlyerTalk and Tumi tag.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:43 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
DC tags

There used to be a form on the back of the DC statement for you to send in if you wanted luggage tags, it worked for me. Nowadays I use the electronic statement so don't know if it is still there.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

The EBG tags are useless anyways...

I love my Senator tag, courtesy of Oliver Thanks! Love the attention I get on LH these days
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:39 pm

I would like to see one free Sports-luggage Domestic Sweden. If you travel with skies in Sweden you pay 100:- SEK. It is free for EBG, EBP and C,D,J-class. If you continue to an International destination with SAS or partner in the same booking you dont pay. Same for Golfbag, Weapon and Snowboard.

But as EBS you get 10 kilos of extra weight...but still have to pay for the skies 100:- Sek, that is in my eyes really weird....and sneaky. EBS has to few benefits to use as it is...
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:17 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tommy777
The EBG tags are useless anyways...

I love my Senator tag, courtesy of Oliver Thanks! Love the attention I get on LH these days :
Hehe, why not buy yourself a HON tag instead, current bid at EUR35,50

HON tag on E-bay
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by miikka
Do-it-yourself EBS

- Luggage tags: from a credit card company
- Lounge access: Priority Pass or DC (oops, EBS doesn't have lounge access)
- Priority check-in: use electronic check-in and avoid queues
- Priority on overbooking etc: just take the money and rerouting (and/or get a capable TA and travel insurance)
- Hotel/Car rental etc: good TA or credit card benefits

Sounds like my backup plan and except of the hotel benefits - been top tier Scandic/Hilton since 1998 - what I used to do on/off prior to 2005
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:27 am

Quick update.. I received an e-mail from DC where they asked me (again!) to call SAS and ask for luggage tags. So I did. After telling the guy on EB the whole story he said "Mr. Robbiedeluxe, I will take care of this".

So here I am with two questions in my head: i) What kind of tags will SK send me (I'm only EBS)? and ii) why was the guy on EB so friendly and helpful? I mean, this attitude is not "very SAS" (at least not when they're dealing with EBS) according to my own experiences...
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:40 am

Programs: SK*S, US Plat, Hertz Gold, Amex Plat
...got 6 of them

I'm a EBS and yesterday I sent an e-mail to DC costumers service in Sweden and asked them if I could "buy" a couple of luggage tags.
Today I got the answer:
"We will send you 6 luggage tags today and they are completely free!".
That's good service!
Old Mar 2, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: SK *B (?)
Originally Posted by miikka
Oh right ... so basically *S is just useless card and will bring nothing (yeah, yeah, priority on the lists and all sort of useless stuff).
Hey, I just made EBS and got my first issue of Seasons today. Don't spoil my mood! Can't we all agree to pretend it's something to be excited about?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by lnixon
Hey, I just made EBS and got my first issue of Seasons today. Don't spoil my mood! Can't we all agree to pretend it's something to be excited about?
It is ... I can still remember my first EBS card. It is exciting and a new world. Enjoy, take the best out of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.