Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Lotīs of langhaul delays in CPH...?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lotīs of langhaul delays in CPH...?!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 2:22 am

After 10+ hours of flying I was too tired to argue for compensation - and since SK called me at home prior to my SEA->CPH leg to advice me about the delay ^ I really didn't lose that much time. So I settled for a beer instead

We shall see what happens on my CPH->SEA return on 12/28...

I totally understand that delays happens - and with SK operating such a small fleet of wide-bodies I can only picture the bullwhip effect that takes place when one or two flight are 2-3 hours delayed - that is hard to make up in the air and on the ground...
(Unrelated: I just realized that United has 97 wide-bodies - wow! Makes aircraft planning and positioning kinda interesting )
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:27 am

Programs: EBS, FB Gold
Compensation

My BKK-CPH flight was delayed on 23dec. After reading this I see why. We also had problem with Pandium kids in Economy Extra which made us all stay awake for the whole flight. The flight attendants were also annoyed by this but told me, for real, that they didn't want to make a comment to them. "He's a Pandium member - he flies even more than I am". This is the short version. Some other things didn't work as well and the Economy Extra product I paid for was below my expectations.
To "compensate" for the Pandium kids a few of us around those seats were handed small bottles of champagne to bring home. I thought this was a nice gesture although I was afraid I couldn't bring them thru EU customs. So, I asked for a sealed plastic bag and received help. But because this was a gift there was no reciept and of course the customs confiscated them straight away in CPH.. So, always be cautious with this kind of "compensation".
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Woah. This is the first I have heard of Pandion members making an ... of himself.. They usually keep their cool and keep their status to themselves

BTW, a Pandion member doesn't have to be a person who flies more than a FA or even an EBG.

A Pandion member is a person who works for a company who pays C or full fare Y when he travels. AFAIK, 25 C segments across the Atlantic gives you Pandion, so 25 flights a year
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:22 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by feitefrank
anyone argue their way into some compensation for these delays? I was on the SK944 12/21, which ended up about 6 hours late into CPH, and my luggage didn't show up until 24 hours later.

Also, I used their mobile wap site to check on the flight, and it said SK944 12/21 was canceled all day long, which luckily was not the case. SAS didn't exactly come across as a well-coordinated airline this holiday season..
Did not have to argue. Me and my whole family was upgraded to business from V-fare on the flight to Shanghai 22nd og Dec. They had already printed our boardingpasses when we came to upgrade to economy extra at the gate. The gate agent just said "god jul" and smiled

I upgraded from H-fare to C-fare from PVG to BKK for 1700 NOK. Was worth it for the 4,5 hours flight.

Cheers
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:05 am

snowstorm in Denmark

Originally Posted by Holmion
Hi! Just checking on CPH website. Seems that a lot of flights are delayed from CPH today/tonight. Anyone know why?
SK 925 12:20 (13:50)
SK 943 15:35 (22:30)
SK 983 15:40 (18:10)
SK 937 15:45 (18:30)
SK 997 18:55 (23:00)
Sk 995 21:05 (22:05)
SK 973 22:45 (08:30)

Hmmmm, not too good for the on-time statisticts!
No mystery: Terrific snowstorm just hit Denmark, with one foot of snow. Major cities blocked.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:33 pm
scr

Programs: M&M, BAEC
You replied to a post from '06

I agree about the snowstorm though. Wasn't too bad on the Swedish side of the bridge though.

Edit: Welcome to flyertalk!

Originally Posted by agjedde
No mystery: Terrific snowstorm just hit Denmark, with one foot of snow. Major cities blocked.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:04 pm

Yes, and another 14 hours of power outage here... E.ON is really incompetent
Old Nov 22, 2015, 2:41 pm

Kinda funny that a 2006 thread on long haul delays resurfaced and yes, SAS is having major long haul issues at the moment as well. Last week has been bad.

Looks like this will go on for a bit as the cabin upgrade program continues and one aircraft in Malta for heavy maintenance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.