Wiki Posts
Search

SK/SU codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
SK/SU codeshare

According to www.g-kraft.com SK and SU will start to codeshare on all flights between ARN/CPH-SVO. Interesting combination...

One culprit though (unless changed) is that SK-coded flights operated by SU will not give a single EB-point.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:38 pm

Hmmm, so SkyTeam was to small for them?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

As SU seems to codeshare with more or less every other airline out there I would guess (which is also stated at g-kraft.com) that Russian authorities doesn't give out route authority unless SU gets its part of the market.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
As SU seems to codeshare with more or less every other airline out there I would guess (which is also stated at g-kraft.com) that Russian authorities doesn't give out route authority unless SU gets its part of the market.
And countries like this get to join the WTO? Just unbeliavable what we are willing to accept for the promise of oil and gas. Norway isn´t going to solve our dependency from Russia, so we´re stuck with them.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
And countries like this get to join the WTO? Just unbeliavable what we are willing to accept for the promise of oil and gas. Norway isn´t going to solve our dependency from Russia, so we´re stuck with them.
I was thinking the same thing
Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
This is silly...
Maybe SU needs another partner because AZ refuse to recognize the partnership.

Would I get Aeroflot Bonus points on this though?
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:19 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by sjefenole
This is silly...
Would I get Aeroflot Bonus points on this though?
If SU is the ticketing carrier, you will

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
I would guess (which is also stated at g-kraft.com) that Russian authorities doesn't give out route authority unless SU gets its part of the market.
I hear they have bears roaming the streets as well
Old Nov 25, 2006, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by apoivre
I hear they have bears roaming the streets as well
I have been to Russia.
There are no bears.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Maybe not a proof that the Russian authorities are involved in price settings, but I do wonder if the operating costs are that much higher to operate into SVO than into FRA from ARN.

ARN-FRA = 760 miles while ARN-SVO = 762 miles

ARN-FRA in T is SEK435 + SEK215 (tax & fee) = SEK650
ARN-FRA in Q is SEK1665 + SEK215 = SEK1880

ARN-SVO in T is SEK905 + SEK283 (tax & fee) = SEK1188
ARN-SVO in Q is SEK2035 + SEK283 (tax&fee) = SEK2318

Funny enough the lowest price ARN-SVO is identical between SK and SU but that is rather common outside EU. The strange thing is that the price level for the cheapest tickets are that much higher compared to most of the other destinations SK operates within Europe. The better fare class the less difference compared to many other destinations.

SK trips originating in Russia, however, are significantly cheaper and the tax&fee is lower as well (SEK153). For example a S class ticket SVO-ARN is SEK2520+tax&fee while a S-class ticket ARN-SVO is SEK4770+tax&fee. But again SK has the same price as SU.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Gold, LHS, SAS EB
Thumbs down SK/Aeroflot code share does not give points

I travelled recently on the route ARN-SVO and return.
This was on a SK issued ticket with SK flight number , BUT on a codeshare SU operated flight.
As no points where registred , I sent in a claim which was responded by retroclaims with

" We have credited points as requested, except for SK8703/SK8704 on 26 and 30 May 2008.
The flight was taken under a code-share agreement where the operating carrier, in this case, Aeroflot (SU) is not participating in the EuroBonus program"

Its a bit of a scam from SAS to sell SK tickets on codeshares they have with SK flight numbers - and give no points, even in valid booking classes.
btw - no points where credited at all as SK8903 and SK8904 are non-stop and the only flights claimed for in this case.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: SK*G, FI
I agree it has a taste of scam. Same thing with SK flight codeshared with LH. A booking class V on LH flight on SK metal gives only 25% points since the booking class on SK is a U, but a LH Q is a Q on SK too (it rhymes!) ... who could have seen that coming.

I am a little bit disappointed with the miles from the codeshared flights, since there are no rules we can refer to during the booking.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:30 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Yeah, this is partly due to the very peculiar habit that all (?) *A FFPs award points based on the operating carrier instead of the flight number. OW and SkyTeam (at least those programs I'm familiar with) credit codeshares as though they were operated by that carrier whose flight number it is (and it causes some funny effects like being able to earn SkyTeam qualifying miles on OW (AY) or *A (OS) metal when flying on AF (or other ST) codeshares.

This also causes the booking class alignment confusion - especially since the booking class mappings are NOT public information - there used to be a big thread over in the LH board regarding this. You book V expecting to get 100% points and then only get 25% because of the codeshare agreements and some invisible mapping going on behind the scenes.

And it get even worse: SK codeshares on LX metal (or was it LX codeshares on SK metal?) don't give *any* EB points, basic or extra - even though both carriers are full members of *A. Go figure, this one is not funny at all.

Still it is very cheap of SK not to give even EB extra points on the SU codeshares. I think this was also the case on CA ARN-PEK before CA joined Star, wasn't it? Or was it vice versa, CA code on SK metal?

I think we should have some sort of sticky post regarding these questions as these pop up every now and then.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 3:34 am

I had another trip on this route , this time I had another experience at ARN airport. Again with a SK ticket and SK codeshare on SU - the SAS ticket agent would not allow checkin at their counters and said that this should be done at SU. This was possible on previous flights
This is starting to be weird
The flight times suit me so I prefer the SU non-stop instead for a CPH transfer.

Regarding the points to be earned on SK ticket and SK codeshares I also sent a letter to SAS Customer Relations as I think something should be done about it, Got an answer that some dep't within SAS had been notified on this somewhat odd handling. Remains to be seen if anything changes.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by trakzter
Again with a SK ticket and SK codeshare on SU - the SAS ticket agent would not allow checkin at their counters and said that this should be done at SU. This was possible on previous flights
The rule of thumb for checking in has always been do it with the operating carrier, not the ticketed one. Are you absolutely sure you have been able to check in with SAS on an SU flight (albeit with the SK codeshare) before? This sounds really weird.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 3:19 pm

Yes - absolutely sure. A collegue had the same experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.