Wiki Posts
Search

Rip off of the day by SAS

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 8:19 am
AHO
Original Poster

Thumbs down Rip off of the day by SAS

I have thought buying SAS presentkort(present card) to someone.
You can buy wheather 100 SEK or 500 SEK present card on SAS website.

As I wondered how it works if one books SAS ticket online, I called to SAS Internet support.

This is from our conversation....
---
Me: Hi, I think I buy SAS presentkort for my friend. But I wonder how it works if my friend books his/her ticket on SAS website and pay buy SAS presentkort.

SAS: You cannot book online and pay with SAS presentkort.

Me: But one can book on SAS website and pay by SAS voucher through SAS Internet support, right?

SAS: Yes, it is.

Me: Then, why isn't it possible with SAS presentkort?

SAS: Because, it is different things. If you want to pay by SAS presentkort, you have to call SAS telephone sales.

Me: But then one should pay unnecessary service charge!

SAS: It's true.

Me: Then what is the point to give SAS presentkort for someone? One loose his/her money and his/her friend pay more than he/she needed.

SAS: I'm sorry. Sio the system is built. I can't do anything about it.

---

I wonder what kind of competence SAS IT has. Why cannot make a website which allows book online and pay with voucher online?

This is a "Rip off of the day" by SAS.
Old May 24, 2006, 9:01 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
That's stupid!!

So for example, you could give a gift voucher (presentkort) of SEK 500 to a friend as a birthday present or whatever...
He/she obviously gets very happy and decides to use it for an upcoming trip to New York.
As the trip cannot be booked online your friend would have to call SAS telephone sales to book the ticket to New York, which incurs a service fee of SEK 500.
Brilliant isn't it?!
Old May 24, 2006, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jacob_m
That's stupid!!

So for example, you could give a gift voucher (presentkort) of SEK 500 to a friend as a birthday present or whatever...
He/she obviously gets very happy and decides to use it for an upcoming trip to New York.
As the trip cannot be booked online your friend would have to call SAS telephone sales to book the ticket to New York, which incurs a service fee of SEK 500.
Brilliant isn't it?!
Is the service fee that high for such a flight?
Old May 24, 2006, 2:31 pm
AHO
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is the service fee that high for such a flight?
Unfortunately, Yes.
http://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl/...MKT=SE,00.html

Service charge when you book via SAS telephone sales.
Within Scandinavia: 150 SEK
Within Europe: 250 SEK
Outside Europe: 500 SEK

*The service charge is per person and per booking. So it will be 1000 SEK for two ARN-EWR tickets.
Old May 24, 2006, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AHO
Unfortunately, Yes.
http://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl/...MKT=SE,00.html

Service charge when you book via SAS telephone sales.
Within Scandinavia: 150 SEK
Within Europe: 250 SEK
Outside Europe: 500 SEK

*The service charge is per person and per booking. So it will be 1000 SEK for two ARN-EWR tickets.
$60+ for a booking fee per person deserves Does this apply to EuroBonus award tickets too? A lot of those cannot be booked online either.
Old May 24, 2006, 3:03 pm

No service fees for award tickets.
Old May 26, 2006, 4:41 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Originally Posted by AHO
I wonder what kind of competence SAS IT has. Why cannot make a website which allows book online and pay with voucher online?

This is a "Rip off of the day" by SAS.
The problem with SAS is that they have non competence regarding internet at all.

1.The web-pages is full of buggs.
2.You have multipel profiles. One for bookings and one for eurobonus
3.They show no or wrong prices for LH flightes. Because LH not have one way prices.

etc..
Old May 26, 2006, 3:28 pm

SAS IT (or CSC as it really is) are hopeless at times. For instance, I can't book LH flights on sasbraathens.no OSL-FRA, only the (usually) more expensive SK flights. I'm not really sure if this is due to LH ending their agent agreement with SK (thus SK not whising to sell LH anymore), but SK webpage tells me that "there are no available seats" on all LH flights. This is not true of course. Try lufthansa.no, lots of availability.
Old May 27, 2006, 5:23 am
AHO
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by jacob_m
That's stupid!!

Brilliant isn't it?!
jacob_m, I've got an idea!
I name it "Phishing By SAS (PBS)"

---
Dear EuroBonus member.

We would like to thank you for your business with Scandinavian Airlines.
We reward your loyality with SAS Presenkort value of 100 SEK.

Use this SAS Presentkort for your next SAS booking, we will give you 100 SEK discount from your ticket price.

Booking can easily be made through our telephone sales. The telephone number is +46 xxx xxx xxx, our opening hour is bla bla bla....

Kind sincerely

SAS EuroBonus team

---

Of course, this is a joke. I hope SAS don't use this idea.
Old May 27, 2006, 6:16 am

I like the phishing idea or would it be bait and switch as a real discount is never available? These discounts could also be offered as vouchers to customers complaing about service or total lack of it in P-class. That would shut them up until they realize at home that the vouchers are worthless or even worse.
Old May 27, 2006, 9:45 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Very nice idea! Actually, I believe KLM already practices this! I've been given a €25 voucher usable only over the phone. KLM ticket service charges vary from €20 to €45... Haven't tried using it yet, but I'll certanly not accept the ticket service charge when you don't have any option.
With a bump voucher they wanted to charge me the phone service charge, but we eventually agreed on the internet service charge.

Originally Posted by AHO
jacob_m, I've got an idea!
I name it "Phishing By SAS (PBS)"

---
Dear EuroBonus member.

We would like to thank you for your business with Scandinavian Airlines.
We reward your loyality with SAS Presenkort value of 100 SEK.

Use this SAS Presentkort for your next SAS booking, we will give you 100 SEK discount from your ticket price.

Booking can easily be made through our telephone sales. The telephone number is +46 xxx xxx xxx, our opening hour is bla bla bla....

Kind sincerely

SAS EuroBonus team

---

Of course, this is a joke. I hope SAS don't use this idea.
Old May 27, 2006, 1:58 pm

What I would have done....

At least with denied boarding vouchers, it is possible to book on the internet, and then call up internet support to give them your voucher number. You then have the option to mail the voucher to SAS or hand it in when picking up the ticket at an airport ticket office (at least the last time I did this, I had to use paper tickets due to having paid with vouchers).

Unless the gift card explicitly states that you have to book via telephone sales, I guess the same tactics can be used when using a gift card as a (partial) payment...
Old May 28, 2006, 2:13 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by sveg
At least with denied boarding vouchers, it is possible to book on the internet, and then call up internet support to give them your voucher number. You then have the option to mail the voucher to SAS or hand it in when picking up the ticket at an airport ticket office (at least the last time I did this, I had to use paper tickets due to having paid with vouchers).

Unless the gift card explicitly states that you have to book via telephone sales, I guess the same tactics can be used when using a gift card as a (partial) payment...
Did the same with a denied voucher, called internetsupport and asked how to use it. They did not want my voucher number. You pay as usual the full amount via internet, but there will not be taken anything from your creditcard before the day of issuing the ticket, for me I think it was 7 days after I made the reservation. Then I had the options to mail the vouchers or go to the airport ticket office. I did still fly on e-ticket to BKK. I went to the airport in CPH because it is very close to my home, and did not wanted the voucher to "dissapear". On my reciept my voucher was called cash payment. Quite easy, why should it not be possible with giftcards too.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Thumbs down What racism?

Please someone explain where the racism was.

Some Indian guy did not get the meal he wanted?

Geez.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Goldlust
Please someone explain where the racism was.

Some Indian guy did not get the meal he wanted?

Geez.
Wrong thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.