Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold

Welcome everybody to the Eurobonus Forum Lounge Thread™

This Lounge thread is a Lounge thread with an absolutely Scandinavian touch. Its intended as a place for the Eurobonus forum community to hang out, chit chat, introduce yourself, to find out what everyone is up to, to ask & answer questions that perhaps don't need a new thread.

Let's keep all OT in the Lounge! If you can provide Airport Lounge access to non-EBG, non-C passengers, please post where & when here.

Guidelines
  • Off-topic discussions are very much allowed in this thread, but remember — this is not the OMNI forum, so please do not treat this thread as such.
  • This thread is subject to the same guidelines, rules, terms and conditions governing FlyerTalk.
  • Please try to respond to multiple posts at the same time by including the quotes in one post. This helps to reduce the incessant “bumping” of this thread and also may make this thread easier to read.

Last edited by tommy777; Apr 19, 2007 at 6:01 pm Reason: Changed the post when making it a sticky
Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

I'd like to begin to welcome everybody to the Lounge and propose a coming DO in ARN/OSL/CPH if the Boeing-trip is moved to this fall.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
I'd like to begin to welcome everybody to the Lounge and propose a coming DO in ARN/OSL/CPH if the Boeing-trip is moved to this fall.

Great idea to get a lounge thread going.

I'd be happy to attend an interim DO at ARN/OSL/CPH (in that order of preference actually). I wonder if the DO could do all three.

Meet in the ARN lounge with some AM tickets to CPH, get to CPH, meet more people in the lounge and all get on a flight to OSL, enjoy the lounge in OSL, then back to ARN.

Or whichever permutation of these locations ends the day in the location that has the cheapest vodka.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kjsaw
I'd be happy to attend an interim DO at ARN/OSL/CPH (in that order of preference actually). I wonder if the DO could do all three.

Meet in the ARN lounge with some AM tickets to CPH, get to CPH, meet more people in the lounge and all get on a flight to OSL, enjoy the lounge in OSL, then back to ARN.
Haha, that would be fun and so difficult to explain to my girlfriend

I did BKK-SIN-CGK-SIN recently with a 45 minute stopover at CGK. The surprised crew asked me "if you were going to SIN why didn't you stay in SIN 1.5 hours ago when you were there?".

I was reluctant to tell them about my milage run so I told them that the Mexican chili in the lounge was excellent and "worth the trip".
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Reducing the humour and other off-topic discussion in the other threads will help in keeping those threads informative with valuable information for those FTers who are primarily looking for information.
Hmm, this sounds a bit "strict". We all know that humour is an integral part of this forum, and often caused by spontaneous comments to a post.

"Forking" off humour from one thread and into here would make this single thread hard to read (with multiple discussions going on at the same time), and often our humour threads also contain pieces of real info.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by larsll
Hmm, this sounds a bit "strict". We all know that humour is an integral part of this forum, and often caused by spontaneous comments to a post.

"Forking" off humour from one thread and into here would make this single thread hard to read (with multiple discussions going on at the same time), and often our humour threads also contain pieces of real info.
I am not a moderator here and can't really set any rules at all - I just quoted the above from KiwiFlyer in the SIA Lounge thread. I agree that we don't have a problem with OT in the Eurobonus forum.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:14 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by larsll

Noticed that one as well, strange. But, nice intiative with this thread! This will be fun!
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:28 pm

Haha, that would be fun and so difficult to explain to my girlfriend
Ha ha. You are damn right. BTW I just e-mailed that picture of you and Malin to your girlfriend, hope it was OK with you.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
Ha ha. You are damn right. BTW I just e-mailed that picture of you and Malin to your girlfriend, hope it was OK with you.
Haha, no worries - she was more impressed by the fact that we visited the Royal Highness room at ARN and that he had such a small tv
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I stumbled upon this thread by accident.

Congratulations and good luck on the new Lounge™ thread for this forum.

If anyone needs any assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to ask me...
Old Mar 8, 2006, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
^^

Hopefully this will help generate some sustained traffic for the SAS forum -- and maybe some of it can spill over into the Scandinavian region forum here on FT too.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
As the resident Dirty Old Man of the Delta Lounge, I felt it was my duty to come over here and make sure that the Eurobonus Forum Lounge got off to a good start.

(Translation: I figured I would poke around and see if there are any beautiful Scandinavian blondes hanging around the lounge -- that is exactly the kind of bonus I look for whenever I visit Europe.)
Old Mar 8, 2006, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dovster
As the resident Dirty Old Man of the Delta Lounge, I felt it was my duty to come over here and make sure that the Eurobonus Forum Lounge got off to a good start.

(Translation: I figured I would poke around and see if there are any beautiful Scandinavian blondes hanging around the lounge -- that is exactly the kind of bonus I look for whenever I visit Europe.)
Just for clarification: men comprise the majority of "beautiful people" here so far. But if you need help with getting a look at some SAS assets, Tommy777 has some good pictures for you.

Dovster, are you really here to look for some EuroBonus points since that gift of SkyMiles never came through? I'm on the same quest.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 8, 2006 at 7:57 pm
Old Mar 8, 2006, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Please note that I spelled "blonde" with an "e". My equal opportunity lechery does have its limits.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dovster
Please note that I spelled "blonde" with an "e". My equal opportunity lechery does have its limits.
Blond, blonde. Sounds French to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.