Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Agree with that one. Also could be smart to implement a $100 fee to it for pre registration. Usually these paid programs work better than offering free acces to the gates.
In LHR, FRA, and HEL the free for all system works well and quickly. At least in Heathrow there are staff around to sort passengers, and help with usage. I have not noticed at the other locations, but there may be as well.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:57 pm

Yes, it works well in enough in almost all UK airports i have been to in the last year (LHR, MAN, BHX) as well as in FRA. But all of these airports have a queuing systems and clear signage who can use the new system. I think the fundamental problem are not the egates or the passengers but the lazy airport/immigration officers not even trying to organize something to speed up things

Anyhow, a premium line with preapproval like the Global Entry kiosks would be great. I'd pay that $100 and go though the approval process happily to speed though immigration.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fassy

Anyhow, a premium line with preapproval like the Global Entry kiosks would be great. I'd pay that $100 and go though the approval process happily to speed though immigration.
I'm totally down for things line Global Entry or the UK registered traveller program. Being a US citizen living in England and commuting once or twice a month has burned through my passport pages incredibly fast. The UK registered traveller program tracks everything electronically so I don't get stamped anymore - I had been despite having a UK residency. I get stamped twice going through Copenhagen. The stamps are getting ridiculous.

fortunately the non-EU line generally isn't too bad... unless someone has an immigration issue
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Has anyone ever been bumped from an SAS flight such as a similar case in United? (Obviously, not as severe, but curious as never heard of such but figure it happens of course).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jerjeffr
Has anyone ever been bumped from an SAS flight such as a similar case in United? (Obviously, not as severe, but curious as never heard of such but figure it happens of course).
I am sure that IDB happens on SK from time to tine, as it does on most airlines, though normally at the gate. The incomptence from UA's side is to have it happen after boarding has commenced. And having it happen as crews need to travel. There has been some threads on both the AA and UA forums regarding the need to accommodate a Federal Airmarshal last minute. I.e. also removing a boarded passenger.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I was IDBs many years ago in EWR. But, of course, at the gate.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:28 am

I have never experienced being offloaded once on board - a couple of times at check-in or at the gate. The majority of these in the US when connecting.

The UA at ORD incident is truly appaling. I have to admit I feel a lot safer on a EU Airline - and much better serviced by most Asian Airlines. US Airlines is just my last choice for any segment - just hard to avoid in the US
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I have a colleague who has booked LHR-ARN-SVO-ARN-LHR through a TA but isn't sure wether he'll make use of the ARN-SVO-ARN porten of the itinerary due to visa timing. Naturally he needs to get back to LHR.

Has anyone successfully not used a piece of an itinerary that is not the first flight? Or any experiences with how SAS will treat the ticket?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I have a colleague who has booked LHR-ARN-SVO-ARN-LHR through a TA but isn't sure wether he'll make use of the ARN-SVO-ARN porten of the itinerary due to visa timing. Naturally he needs to get back to LHR.

Has anyone successfully not used a piece of an itinerary that is not the first flight? Or any experiences with how SAS will treat the ticket?
Yes. I had a LHR-CPH-LHR Plus ticket where I ended up not needing the first leg, as I was routed through Paris due to a delay. I called them about two hours before the LHR departure and asked to cancel the first leg and keep the second. Managed while walking from gate to immigration in CDG, and received a full refund on the first leg.

A story that does make me appreciate the Plus tickets of SK. The price for that level of flexibility is far less than what many other carriers charge.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:41 am

I think I did this on a PLUS ticket once as well (cancelled one leg on the phone).

With new PLUS Saver this flexibility is largely gone, unfortunately. Now you have to buy a full flex PLUS ticket to get that (at least when trying recently the website has not offered the old good PLUS ticket). I really miss that. As I pay my tickets from my own pocket I consider value for money carefully. A full flex PLUS ticket is useless for me, as experience show that it is cheaper to loose the ticket and buy a ticket on another airline even in the last moment, if I need to (perhaps at the cost of flying indirectly -- but I am willing to bear it as it happens to me 3-4 times a year I need to cancel).
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wazow
I think I did this on a PLUS ticket once as well (cancelled one leg on the phone).

With new PLUS Saver this flexibility is largely gone, unfortunately. Now you have to buy a full flex PLUS ticket to get that (at least when trying recently the website has not offered the old good PLUS ticket). I really miss that. As I pay my tickets from my own pocket I consider value for money carefully. A full flex PLUS ticket is useless for me, as experience show that it is cheaper to loose the ticket and buy a ticket on another airline even in the last moment, if I need to (perhaps at the cost of flying indirectly -- but I am willing to bear it as it happens to me 3-4 times a year I need to cancel).
There is a tickbox in the booking screen that allow you to add flexibility to the Plus saver tickets. It is cheaper than choosing the full Flex from the top row.

I tag a lot of private weekend movements on to my business trips to get to Copenhagen when in Europe. But as my plans are always fluid, I need to be able to change things around.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:06 am

Wow (obviously). I missed the tick-box. Will look for it next time!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:21 am

Still much more expensive than the old plus ticket and on most if my routes it adds up to the full flex fare
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
Still much more expensive than the old plus ticket and on most if my routes it adds up to the full flex fare
I guess it depends on route and booking window. I was just playing around with some mid May flights CPH<=>LHR and I can get them around 1100 to 1200 DKK each way with the flexibility added.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
I have never experienced being offloaded once on board - a couple of times at check-in or at the gate. The majority of these in the US when connecting.

The UA at ORD incident is truly appaling. I have to admit I feel a lot safer on a EU Airline - and much better serviced by most Asian Airlines. US Airlines is just my last choice for any segment - just hard to avoid in the US
I've been on a flight where the airline GA asked me to get off the flight after I had already boarded and sat down. I did get off the flight as the ground crew demanded but I left behind my cabin baggage as a strategic move. After exiting the plane and asked if I had left on anything on the plane, I said yes but I was not going back on board to remove my cabin bags. Given this was on a packed flight out of DCA, that too on a flight with open seating, I knew they weren't willing to inconvenience all the other passengers just because I wasn't going to be their baggage handler and do a walk of shame onto the flight and off again to recover my cabin baggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.