Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Sciamano
Thank you GUWonder,

I just checked Club Carlson matching possibilities and sadly there no one I'm eligible. That's why I was thinking about SAS Eurobonus.

http://www.rezidor.com/phoenix.zhtml...-sharebenefits

If you have €750 to leave sitting in Rezidor shares for a couple of months, you could pick up Club Carlson Gold status that way. And once the Gold status comes over, it would last at least a year.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I was looking at the Eurobonus shop, trying to use a few soon to expire points of my father's.
Saw something for about 3000 points that he wouldn't mind having but then found out that it would cost almost 5000 points (or 130 DKK) for postage.
So I guess it doesn't make much sense ordering small/cheap things in the shop.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by helosc
I was looking at the Eurobonus shop, trying to use a few soon to expire points of my father's.
Saw something for about 3000 points that he wouldn't mind having but then found out that it would cost almost 5000 points (or 130 DKK) for postage.
So I guess it doesn't make much sense ordering small/cheap things in the shop.
The EB shop is an absolute rip off. I wanted the SAS branded water bottle just to waste a couple thousand points of mine that were about to expire, well, the check out wants €60 for shipping on a €14 product.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
The EB shop is an absolute rip off. I wanted the SAS branded water bottle just to waste a couple thousand points of mine that were about to expire, well, the check out wants €60 for shipping on a €14 product.
Seeing as I think these branded products are supplied by the same people who send out the Diamond "goodie bag" products, shipping will probably take several weeks too .
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Perhaps shipping outside Scandinavia is expensive? I do recall buying a few things from PLUSDEAL folks and have no traumatic memories of shipping fees (to Denmark). So I guess it was cheap or free.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by wazow
Perhaps shipping outside Scandinavia is expensive? I do recall buying a few things from PLUSDEAL folks and have no traumatic memories of shipping fees (to Denmark). So I guess it was cheap or free.
I'm currently within the Nordics
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
One can get lucky in Heathrow it seems. I went to the SilverKris lounge today to avoid crowds at LH. (it is pretty bland by the way) Then we got B29 as gate.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:57 am

If anyone is interested:
According to Loyaltylobby.com, Nordic Choice Hotels at the moment have a status match from several other programs (Hilton included) - that is you match from another program to elite status in Nordic Choice.
http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/10/20/n...cember-5-2016/

The article has a link to the status match form in Finnish.
I can't find a form in any other language.
If anyone finds a form in another language would you post a link as I wouldn't mind this status match.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:07 am

Has been around for quite some time and posted here on different boards for different countries but e.g. the Swedish status match was only done until June 30th. I guess you need to be member of Nordic Choice in the country which currently runs the promo.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Has been around for quite some time and posted here on different boards for different countries but e.g. the Swedish status match was only done until June 30th. I guess you need to be member of Nordic Choice in the country which currently runs the promo.
Ok thanks, that explains why I can't find any pages in other languages.
Anyway the Finns here can take advantage of the current offer if they haven't already.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:16 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by fassy
True. It was run in Norway earlier this year, so I matched from Scandic Third Level to Nordic Choice Gold
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Sciamano
Yes, there is. I'm still TK Goldbut with Eurobonus I would match Club Carlson.
Inspired by this, I tried to make a status match from EB to CC (which should earn me ’Concierge’. I got a quick answer:

“A status match is a one-time courtesy invitation to allow new members to experience our program benefits and engage with our hotels. Out of respect for our other Club Carlson elite members who have earned their status, we limit this to a one-time invitation only. Your account was status matched on May 15, 2013.”

So just one status match in a lifetime.

Never mind, AFAIR I never used my Carlson Gold for anything.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
That's nothing but fair and reasonable.

I had a hardtime finding a purpose for CC as well. Though benefiting from and using the status aren't the same thing, I do find it only to make sense if you regularly travel to locations where they are the obvious or top 3 choice.

The earnings on CC are very good if you stay in their hotels, reaching Gold is only 20 stays vs 35 nights which is a very good ratio if you want to play the check-in/out game everyday to quickly ramp up the status. Unfortunately it is not a brand you can rely on globally for quality hotels, while it is improving they have a long way to go. If you reside or travel frequently in the Nordics and/or London they are a good choice where the ratio between earnings vs the cost of reward stays and availability is actually very good. I've never not been able to get same or next-day reward bookings, unless the hotel was sold out in the first place.

It is a tough hotel program to have as a first choice if travel outside their dense markets but makes a lot of sense if you do. The odds of being able to leverage the program in practically all Nordic markets are way better than the other major international chains. If not just from a convenience perspective.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
That's nothing but fair and reasonable.
And I don't complain. But I have never seen it mentioned on the SK-forum. Personally I could have saved 10 minutes by knowing.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Inspired by this, I tried to make a status match from EB to CC (which should earn me ’Concierge’. I got a quick answer:

“A status match is a one-time courtesy invitation to allow new members to experience our program benefits and engage with our hotels. Out of respect for our other Club Carlson elite members who have earned their status, we limit this to a one-time invitation only. Your account was status matched on May 15, 2013.”

It's once in a lifetime of the account, which may not necessarily be the same thing as once in a lifetime of the person.

If I remember correctly, Club Carlson used to even have a deliberate practice of allowing for a person to have at least two Club Carlson accounts.

The 2-for-1 weekend rates and 4-for-2 weekend rates for Gold and Concierge members can be a very good deal. Other than that I don't find much use for Carlson Gold, even as some properties do provide a decent upgrade and related benefits for Golds too.

In the US, Carlson Gold is easily had by way of credit cards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.