Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:23 pm

Since Emirates isn´t flying to HEL, Norwegian has started daily flights to DXB. They´re selling them as low as 99€/one way.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
DY can probably win the price sensitive travelers only going to DXB. Whereas EK is planning to fill the planes with people connecting to everywhere in the world, and the higher yield going to DXB only. They probably have a pretty good case for what they are doing. The one I see struggling in this is DY with 189 seat 737s and zero service.
I think their prime targets are Danes going to Australia, the route makes sense. What I don't like is their timing for connections from CPH via DXB to either HKG/PVG (I have only looked into the schedules of these 2 destinations). There are better connections but the price just can't beat other airlines, it makes sense if you are not travelling with children. Also tried it once on them doing LHR to HKG via DXB - it's hard to do 2x 8 hours connections. Not enough time to sleep.

DY is definitely an option for a lot of people who are not flexible in dates. My friend flew to DXB with them and she said they have to be cheap in order for her to fly with them. I don't think I'll fly with them because I can usually get better deals since I plan in advance and our dates are fairly flexible.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
I think their prime targets are Danes going to Australia, the route makes sense. What I don't like is their timing for connections from CPH via DXB to either HKG/PVG (I have only looked into the schedules of these 2 destinations). There are better connections but the price just can't beat other airlines, it makes sense if you are not travelling with children. Also tried it once on them doing LHR to HKG via DXB - it's hard to do 2x 8 hours connections. Not enough time to sleep.

DY is definitely an option for a lot of people who are not flexible in dates. My friend flew to DXB with them and she said they have to be cheap in order for her to fly with them. I don't think I'll fly with them because I can usually get better deals since I plan in advance and our dates are fairly flexible.
I am always surprised at the connections my leisure travelling friends are willing to accept in DXB (and AUH and DOH for that matter), 6 hours at un-godly hours in DXB seems to be very acceptable. Even with zero lounge access. They complain a bit right when booking, then lean back and accept it. Outside this forum I think that is a more common attitude...

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Sep 29, 2015 at 3:22 am Reason: Too colloquial wording.....
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am always surprised at the connections my leisure travelling friends are willing to accept.... Outside this forum I think that is a more common attitude...
I copy this - it surprises me every time. But I guess they are equally surprised by the fact that I am willing to pay a premium to reduce a stop-over with 4-8 hours - or remove it entirely. And yes even without lounge access
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Knew that for a while, and I have a hard time imaging that they will fill up the plane. CPH to DXB is also served by DY.
Rather different customer profiles.

DY CPH-DXB is largely of no use to EK CPH-DXB customers, as EK's CPH-DXB customers are largely transiting (on the same ticket) at DXB on the way to Africa, Asia and Oceania. EK from CPH will probably be at least 50% people who have at least one parent or grandparent born outside Europe.

DY CPH-DXB customer demographics are more akin to what SK would get for CPH-BKK.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 29, 2015 at 5:05 am
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: SK*G, LH SEN
I'm having issues for a couple of weeks now to book an award flight through the SK Website. Every time I search for flights, the error message "Customer database cannot be reached" appears. SK seems to be aware of the problem but of course they are too incompetent to get it fixed. Now they sent out the special offers for Gold Members but of course the bug on their website is still not fixed. On FB they told me to book it over the phone. Spent 20 minutes on hold, just to be told "these flights can only booked online. we are not aware of any problems with the online booking system". What a bad joke!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Rather different customer profiles.

DY CPH-DXB is largely of no use to EK CPH-DXB customers, as EK's CPH-DXB customers are largely transiting (on the same ticket) at DXB on the way to Africa, Asia and Oceania. EK from CPH will probably be at least 50% people who have at least one parent or grandparent born outside Europe.

DY CPH-DXB customer demographics are more akin to what SK would get for CPH-BKK.
True. If I go to Africa would it make more sense to fly TK ex-CPH? I actually saw a lot of people with Middle Eastern origin fly OS - I saw it several times on the CPH-VIE route.

Will be interesting on how they do. I haven't seen any prices that would make me pick EK over TK due to my *A status.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
True. If I go to Africa would it make more sense to fly TK ex-CPH?
SNs coverage is better and distance is shorter too. TK comes second becuase of equipment used (A32S vs A330). That said people booking flights to S. Africa from Germany don't mind flying 6h to the ME3 hubs and then 10-11h to JNB/CPT/WDH instead of SA/LH/SW direct.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Some people will trade time for money or money for time. People tend to make purchase decisions that make sense for their own individual circumstances -- that could mean a shorter total travel time or a longer total travel time; or it could mean different, more suitable departure and/or arrival times despite a decreased or increased total travel time; or it could mean the pricing is just right; or some combination of all this or something else.

True. If I go to Africa would it make more sense to fly TK ex-CPH? I actually saw a lot of people with Middle Eastern origin fly OS - I saw it several times on the CPH-VIE route.

Will be interesting on how they do. I haven't seen any prices that would make me pick EK over TK due to my *A status.
It depends on where in Africa. Various EU/EEA carriers in Star/Skyteam/Oneworld may work too, depending on city in Africa; and sticking with EU/EEA carriers minimizes the issue of having to reclear security at a connecting airport that may be out of the way.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 1, 2015 at 7:59 am
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:10 pm

Stavanger-Houston for 6999 NOK in business.

https://www.sas.no/houston/
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer

Thanks, great fare! Doesn't seem to be extended to SE/DK
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer

Would book, if not scheduled for work right now.

I´d like to boost my EB account; flying Intra Europe in PLUS with 4500 points per return trip won´t reach gold status. Any ideas and bargains for mileage run from Finland? Seems that Optiontown won´t give that opportunity.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Free SVG parking is included too! Wow! Unfortunately we can't use the offer, otherwise it's a great one!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I wish they would incorporate free parking at other airports, either in fares or as a EuroBonus perk.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I wish they would incorporate free parking at other airports, either in fares or as a EuroBonus perk.
They used to offer discounted parking at CPH but that's not the case anymore.

It's particularly useful when for airports with no or very few alternatives - CPH is not the worst one. We could always park for 25-30% of what CPH charges for their cheapest carpark at a carpark 2 metro stops away.

Sk could offer using points to pay for airport parking - that would be nice (not that I will use it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.