Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:09 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Jainzar
And the same applies to Atlantic Airways.
Probably due to the fact that SK starts CPH-FAE on March 26!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:31 am

Elgiganten has a SAS EB campaign where you can earn quite a few extra points + what extra points you can get on yoru credit card.
https://www.elgiganten.dk/sas#

Not my favourite shop to put it mildly - close to the definiation of poor customer service. But the points offered are not miniscule. Be carefull though - at least some of the items are quite a bit more expensive here than elsewhere. And the points can thus come at very high price.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Hello... I'm new around here. Mileage programs in general are pretty new to me though I'm about to hit gold with Eurobonus in May most likely.

I have a question about qualification and how this carries over into the next year. Does it start over or how does that work? I have scoured the SAS website for info and can't seem to find anything, only that the qualification period ends one year after you sign up. For me this would be July (which, I'm now regretting - had I signed up in November, I could've gone all the way to platinum in my first year).

Anyways, I guess my question is this. In July, will my status go down, stay the same, or start over? I'll still be flying fairly regularly with SAS at that point.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AStarr
Hello... I'm new around here. Mileage programs in general are pretty new to me though I'm about to hit gold with Eurobonus in May most likely.

I have a question about qualification and how this carries over into the next year. Does it start over or how does that work? I have scoured the SAS website for info and can't seem to find anything, only that the qualification period ends one year after you sign up. For me this would be July (which, I'm now regretting - had I signed up in November, I could'byve gone all the way to platinum in my first year).

Anyways, I guess my question is this. In July, will my status go down, stay the same, or start over? I'll still be flying fairly regularly with SAS at that point.
​​​​​​
Once you achieve a status level, you will have that status for the remainder of that qualifying year, plus the following qualifying year. When you move into the new year, your count of qualifying points starts from scratch, and you will have experience to reach the smell milestone again to keep the status beyond that year.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
Once you achieve a status level, you will have that status for the remainder of that qualifying year, plus the following qualifying year. When you move into the new year, your count of qualifying points starts from scratch, and you will have experience to reach the smell milestone again to keep the status beyond that year.
Okay, so from August 2017-July2018, I'll stay gold? Would I be able to move up to Diamond in that time? Then in July 2018, I would go back to basic no matter what?

Sorry for all the questions.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Okay, so from August 2017-July2018, I'll stay gold? Would I be able to move up to Diamond in that time? Then in July 2018, I would go back to basic no matter what?

Your tier points will reset at your new qualifying year and status will remain gold, so you would need 90k in a year to go up to diamond
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Your tier points will reset at your new qualifying year and status will remain gold, so you would need 90k in a year to go up to diamond
Ah. Okay. That's fine then. I got a late start with SAS after registering with the eurobonus program otherwise I would've started with them in November and gone to diamond in the first year. It was a bit... complicated... moving continents and all. Anyways, I'm finding them fairly satisfactory for my needs and whims in conjunction with the other airlines I use to get around to my family that happens to be spread out in the most ridiculous places. (Pardon rant, I'm the one in charge of figuring out the Christmas logistics from Malmř+Copenhagen to potentially end up in Florida, Virginia, and Alaska except I live in England)
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB

If you qualify for Gold you will stay Gold for the current and next qualification period plus a so called grace period of 3 months (the latter is an unofficial benefit). So in your case that would be be July 2018 plus 3 months which makes October 2018. If you make Diamond in the next qualification period you will stay Diamond until October 2019. SAS unofficially has a soft landing policy so even without any flying you would stay Gold until October 2020. And if you still don't continue flying you will be in this case Silver until October 2021.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
If you qualify for Gold you will stay Gold for the current and next qualification period plus a so called grace period of 3 months (the latter is an unofficial benefit). So in your case that would be be July 2018 plus 3 months which makes October 2018. If you make Diamond in the next qualification period you will stay Diamond until October 2019. SAS unofficially has a soft landing policy so even without any flying you would stay Gold until October 2020. And if you still don't continue flying you will be in this case Silver until October 2021.
Neat. Thanks. This is very helpful.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Ah. Okay. That's fine then. I got a late start with SAS after registering with the eurobonus program otherwise I would've started with them in November and gone to diamond in the first year. It was a bit... complicated... moving continents and all. Anyways, I'm finding them fairly satisfactory for my needs and whims in conjunction with the other airlines I use to get around to my family that happens to be spread out in the most ridiculous places. (Pardon rant, I'm the one in charge of figuring out the Christmas logistics from Malmř+Copenhagen to potentially end up in Florida, Virginia, and Alaska except I live in England)
I think quite satisfactory fits quite well with SAS

Especially their PLUS cabin I am finding myself on more and more SK flights which a few years ago was unheard of, now if only they had decent lounges and less fish I would be set
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I think quite satisfactory fits quite well with SAS

Especially their PLUS cabin I am finding myself on more and more SK flights which a few years ago was unheard of, now if only they had decent lounges and less fish I would be set
Eh, admittedly I've only flown twice in Go so far and have nothing booked in Go left. Business once transatlantic but two more scheduled for April. The rest of my flights with SAS are back and forth from Manchester to Copenhagen at least once a month. I find the lounge in Copenhagen decent - better than what's accessible in Manchester. I am biased against Manchester though... I think the only thing I like there is Pret A Manger. And leaving. And the Radisson Blu. Not necessarily in that order.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Uber has been killed off in Denmark.

Not good news for me. Is there a mechanical alternative transport that is cheaper than regular taxis or some kind of discount program for Danish taxis that doesn't involve public transit or schlepping it like in the 1700s?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Uber has been killed off in Denmark.

Not good news for me. Is there a mechanical alternative transport that is cheaper than regular taxis or some kind of discount program for Danish taxis that doesn't involve public transit or schlepping it like in the 1700s?
Uber wasn't available in northern Jutland last summer - where exactly were they running for *3+* years??

CPH??
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Uber wasn't available in northern Jutland last summer - where exactly were they running for *3+* years??

CPH??
That may have been just about all of it. They are still doing bridge crossings today from CPH.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Hilton withdrawing from Denmark, Uber withdrawing from Denmark, who's next? McDonalds?

I can't believe a developed country went out of their way to bully Uber into leaving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.