Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Not sure if this thread still includes the lounge thread meet up. If so, I can guest one on the following lounges:

NOV 19 ARN Gold Lounge, 14:10-15:30
NOV 19 CPH Gold Lounge, 18:00-20:15
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Could you attempt to create another Club Carlson account and if your name is John Smith, you create the new one with "John W. Smith" and a different email, and then use your existing EB account for the match.

How vigilant is CC on this.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Could you attempt to create another Club Carlson account and if your name is John Smith, you create the new one with "John W. Smith" and a different email, and then use your existing EB account for the match.

How vigilant is CC on this.
Not very. Carlson used to even explicitly allow for persons to have more than one account at a time. And I don't recall hearing them forcing all those accounts to merge.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:06 am
Suspended

Due to the congested check-in area at CPH (at least on the SAS terminal side), the airport may provide an elevated bypass path that allows Metro-using flyers to choose to go directly to the security screening line without always having to go to the street-level (or sub-street-levels) of the terminal when flying out of CPH.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to do this.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Due to the congested check-in area at CPH (at least on the SAS terminal side), the airport may provide an elevated bypass path that allows Metro-using flyers to choose to go directly to the security screening line without always having to go to the street-level (or sub-street-levels) of the terminal when flying out of CPH.

Could be fairly quick if they utilise the walkways on the outside of the upper floors. But imagine the extra mess while they add it....
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I think the plan was talking about an extra bridge. I vaguely remember a concept visualization, too. I think having this is long desired, would shorten my flights by one minute . I am quite afraid that the mess while this is constructed will be considerable. Terminal 3 becoming essentially unusable, etc.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: SK-EBD

Will be done/completed 2018.

Another small improvement (hopefully) will come earlier in the T3 Zoo. The exit from baggage claim will be moved eastwards, so it no longer will be in the middle in an attempt to better separate incoming and welcoming traffic.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Tango Alpha; Oct 26, 2016 at 12:21 pm Reason: Photo included
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha

Another small improvement (hopefully) will come earlier in the T3 Zoo. The exit from baggage claim will be moved eastwards, so it no longer will be in the middle in an attempt to better separate incoming and welcoming traffic.
Is that new baggage claim exit going to be east of the landslide Starbucks?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Is that new baggage claim exit going to be east of the landslide Starbucks?
I don’t know. But I don’t think it will be that far, as it would leave very little room for custom.

We will soon see, as this work should start this week.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha

As esthetically well done as the design of T3 was when it opened,it hardly took growing numbers of passengers in to consideration. The idea of the departing and arriving passengers crossing paths in a fairly narrow space barely coped with the number of passengers in 1998 let alone now.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
At MIA where they use the Avianca Lounge, do Plus passengers have access.?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As esthetically well done as the design of T3 was when it opened,it hardly took growing numbers of passengers in to consideration. The idea of the departing and arriving passengers crossing paths in a fairly narrow space barely coped with the number of passengers in 1998 let alone now.
In the early 2000s, I didn't consider it that congested except at the "welcome" area alley just after customs. As it got worse, I learned to cut to the right (toward what is now the Starbucks) and zip that way and then plough ahead to get to the Hilton/Metro or trains toward central Copenhagen or Sweden. But in the past several years it's become so congested that I sometimes feel like the airport wants passengers to play bumper cars.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the early 2000s, I didn't consider it that congested except at the "welcome" area alley just after customs. As it got worse, I learned to cut to the right (toward what is now the Starbucks) and zip that way and then plough ahead to get to the Hilton/Metro or trains toward central Copenhagen or Sweden. But in the past several years it's become so congested that I sometimes feel like the airport wants passengers to play bumper cars.
The "welcome alley" is a pet peeve of mine. What is the desperate need to stand right in the middle of the path out? Granny coming home from a week in Mallorca will only exit slower by you guys standing there...

I always cut either left or right to avoid the crowds.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The "welcome alley" is a pet peeve of mine. What is the desperate need to stand right in the middle of the path out? Granny coming home from a week in Mallorca will only exit slower by you guys standing there...

I always cut either left or right to avoid the crowds.
I cut to the right mostly. Cutting right or left, it helps to avoid the welcome alley and getting hit by the flying (mostly Danish) flags or tripping on the little kids there to pick up a relative.

I must say this welcome alley thing at CPH so reminds me of what I see in parts of Asia for infrequently-returning expats.

Perhaps the airport -- in LDC Asian-style -- can get in the business of charging non-passengers (on a per person basis) to enter the terminal building? It wouldn't be a pretty solution, but it would clamp down on the crowding there.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 27, 2016 at 4:24 am
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
At MIA where they use the Avianca Lounge, do Plus passengers have access.?
In the US no lounge access except for their own lounges in EWR and ORD.

With all these additional US destinations they should maybe consider there at least an option to buy access in Plus like LH has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.