Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
If you pull up your SK BP in the iPhone 'wallet' App, press the circled i in the bottom right corner to flip it. There will be a line showing your EuroBonus level and SK*G.

While it is not on the front BP, it is listed. I noticed this is the same with BP's from AY and IB while AA and BA do display it on the front.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by ksu
Another irritating SK EB fact. Still not possible to add EB Card (and thus status) to award bookings. Status still valid, but is not printed on BP even when EB number is ticke reference.
You can do it but you must use the kiosks at the airport. There you can add FF-number.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
If you pull up your SK BP in the iPhone 'wallet' App, press the circled i in the bottom right corner to flip it. There will be a line showing your EuroBonus level and SK*G.
Yes I know as I wrote:
Originally Posted by fassy
The SK iPhone boarding passes do not, it does for e.g. LH. If you flip them over it will say EBD SK*G but not on the front:
Anyway, no very convenient and had leas to many in discussions with lounge agents of *A partners or contracted ones. Like I wrote the AF lounge agents didn't even accept the EB AMEX as membership card, nor recognized the digital card in the app

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
You can do it but you must use the kiosks at the airport. There you can add FF-number.
Yes, that's the way I usually do it. Also the lounge agents can add the number to the reservation. Useful for multi-segment awards to have it fixed in the first lounge for the rest of the trip.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:13 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
No, cannot be done at kiosks in my experience. Has to be done manually at check-in desk. Quite common request for the Gold and Plus check-in desks at OSL.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
No, cannot be done at kiosks in my experience. Has to be done manually at check-in desk. Quite common request for the Gold and Plus check-in desks at OSL.
Used the check-in kiosk in CPH dozen times to add the FFP number by feeding it the membership card. Never had a problem doing so.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Doesn't always -- nor even generally -- work for me.

The frequent flyer account info used to issue the award ticket tends to be rather sticky and is the primary reason why I still carry around plastic *G cards. Even when airline staff are involved in the updating of the record.

It seems that at least Star Alliance and Oneworld carriers have mainly decided to make the award-issuing account number very sticky when it comes to eticketed PNRs. Is it even now largely stuck to eticket numbers too?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its simple Amadeus handiwork. Keep the FQTU/FQTR SSR line and add a FQTV SSR line. LX now does that during OLCI.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its simple Amadeus handiwork. Keep the FQTU/FQTR SSR line and add a FQTV SSR line. LX now does that during OLCI.
Doesn't always work for LX OLCI, even as it works better with OLCI than when trying to walk the LX reps (even at ZRH) to do the above.

Not sure how replicable the results are, but I'm sure there is still room for improvement in this area when dealing with LX too. What does help is getting in the *G number you want when doing the initial OLCI; but after that the boarding pass reissues still end up bungled too often.

10-15 years ago, this wasn't a problem on award tickets like it has become with more and more carriers since back then.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Both Hilton and IHG are poor in DC area. Try Marriott - I use them primarily when I'm DMV area.
Thank but my Mariott balance is practically zero
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Thank but my Mariott balance is practically zero
If you are staying during midweek then it's a great thing to use points, but hotels in VA during weekend is dirt cheap. I got Falls Church Marriott for $70, so it's not worthwhile to pay with points. During weekends price drop a lot in VA, and I always do paid stays when it's that cheap.

I also managed to booked HI Rosslyn at the rate of $107 (Friday night), free parking, a short walk to Georgetown. So it's another definitely paid stay.

If it's get too bad, it might be an idea to swap points at coupon connection or simply buy marriott points, there's a great Residence Inn at 10k points/night (RI Fairfax City), with MR points being sold at $13/1k points, $130 is still cheaper than their ongoing rate of $249. Free parking which is a great plus.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:20 am
Suspended

What's going on in Copenhagen and even in Malmo that has most hotels sold out -- all of Malmo is sold out -- in the region for tonight (and even mostly for tomorrow night too)?

The rates in Copenhagen are up to sky high levels for the remaining hotels that are part of the international chains. Fortunately, I managed to use the buy points method to get rooms for a bit under $250/night when the going rate is $535+ for the night.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Dear FT members, would you guys help me with advice?

I've checked Supersaver.no and saw a good price for business class from Oslo to Jakarta.
The flight is from Oslo to Amsterdam in the morning, with SAS.
There are 2 hours and 45 minutes transit in Schiphol.
Then I must change to Cathay Pacific for flight to Hong Kong.

I never book any ticket like this before (2 airlines in different alliances).
I think it will be in same PNR, isn't it?
How about the baggage?
Should I check it again or will it be possible for SAS to tag it to Jakarta?

Thank you in advance and sorry if I ask these questions in wrong room

Last edited by ShyTraveler; Sep 7, 2016 at 3:55 pm
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by andi1985
Dear FT members, would you guys help me with advice?

I've checked Supersaver.no and saw a good price for business class from Oslo to Jakarta.
The flight is from Oslo to Amsterdam in the morning, with SAS.
There are 2 hours and 45 minutes transit in Schiphol.
Then I must change to Cathay Pacific for flight to Hong Kong.

I never book any ticket like this before (2 airlines in different alliances).
I think it will be in same PNR, isn't it?
How about the baggage?
Should I check it again or will it be possible for SAS to tag it to Jakarta?

Thank you in advance and sorry if I ask these questions in wrong room
If they issue it as one ticket it is perfectly fine. Your bag will be tagged through to Jakarta.

As CX does not fly to the Scandinavian region, and there are no Oneworld flights between Oslo and Amsterdam, it is quite normal to use airlines outside the alliance for the connections. KLM or SAS are the only options for CX to pull passengers from Oslo to Amsterdam. I regularly fly Lufthansa to connect from Japan Airlines in Frankfurt.

I guess this is more a CX question than an SK, as I am sure the ticket is a CX fare (again assuming one ticket). But the answer will be the same :-)
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Thank you so much, CPH-Flyer
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
What's going on in Copenhagen and even in Malmo that has most hotels sold out -- all of Malmo is sold out -- in the region for tonight (and even mostly for tomorrow night too)?

The rates in Copenhagen are up to sky high levels for the remaining hotels that are part of the international chains. Fortunately, I managed to use the buy points method to get rooms for a bit under $250/night when the going rate is $535+ for the night.
Big rowing regatta at Lake Bagsvćrd. Actually said to be the largest rowing event in world. Lasts until Sunday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.