Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by klmml
Perhaps, and I hadn't thought of that. But if so, why not cancel the flight as was done with rotations earlier in the year? The same flight on the following Friday (8.7) is wide open, and both flights show up on the website when trying to book (just the 1.7 one looks 'sold out').

I'm mostly curious to know if there will be something to rebook me onto, should a late connection mean I miss the earlier one (this is the sort of person that 3 years of flying with SAS several times a week has turned me into!).
Two options are really 1. They see a risk that they will have to cancel, and the pilot shortage would be the most obvious why this well in advance. 2. They need to hold the seats for some reason.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:09 pm

What the hell? Just arrived for the first time in CPH this year and had to go to Malmö via train... I was prepared that they do a passport control at the train station which was painless. But then... They still do another passport check in Hyllie and the train has to stop for 20+ Minutes??? What idiotic procedure!

Happy that I moved away from Skåne just in time...
Old May 22, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
What the hell? Just arrived for the first time in CPH this year and had to go to Malmö via train... I was prepared that they do a passport control at the train station which was painless. But then... They still do another passport check in Hyllie and the train has to stop for 20+ Minutes??? What idiotic procedure!

And Danish tax payers continues to finance this feeble mindlessness of the Swedish government
Old May 22, 2016, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

The train operators pay for the ID checks of passengers in Denmark heading to Sweden as part of a mitigation of expense (read: Swedish governmental fine/penalty) effort. The Swedish police at Hyllie then do the actual ID check to control the train passenger traffic coming in from Denmark.

Want to know what is really amusing? My train trips from CPH to Sweden involve two ID checks (one private sector check and one public sector check) while my CPH to Sweden flights involve no ID checks. Sometimes I experience this absurdity on the same day when I do CPH-ARN-CPH by air + CPH-Sweden by rail within an 8am to 11:30pm travel day.

You may have been better off switching at Hyllie from the Oresundstag train to the (purplish) Pagatag trains. It has saved me 2-30 minutes when central Malmo is my destination after arrival into CPH. This train swap at Hyllie is my suggestion for CPH-Sweden rail passengers heading to Malmo Central or Malmo Trianglen if the Oresundstag train is not very empty and there is a Pagatag train at the right time in Hyllie heading to Malmo C.

The passport/ID check on the train is generally slower than the passport/ID check to change train type (or discontinue rail journey) at Hyllie.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 22, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Old May 23, 2016, 12:31 am

True, I did a lot of MUC/FRA/HAM-CPH-GOT/ARN and wasn't required to show ID once.

Good idea getting off the train and continue with the local trains. ^

Or next time do HAM-ARN-MMX, might be faster
Old May 23, 2016, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Maybe that's why SK sold me an itinerary that looks like this:

MMX-ARN-CPH-IAD-CPH-ARN-MMX

They think I'm going to take a train so that by flying back to the Swedish side I can avoid the painful passport controls.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:06 pm
Suspended

What's going on tomorrow in Malmo and/or Copenhagen that so many hotels are currently showing as sold out or very high rates? I just encountered the "lowest" Hilton CPH price for tomorrow night as showing up for the DKK equivalent of $801 (USD).
Old May 25, 2016, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
What's going on tomorrow in Malmo and/or Copenhagen that so many hotels are currently showing as sold out or very high rates? I just encountered the "lowest" Hilton CPH price for tomorrow night as showing up for the DKK equivalent of $801 (USD).
I guess lots of tourist flooding the cities due to the Feast of Corpus Christi day which allows for a long weekend? I know a lot of people doing city tours from today to Sunday, and actually a couple of families visiting CPH.

Also there is the http://3daysofdesign.dk/, not sure how much of an event that is.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
And Rod Stewart is playing in Malmø Arena tomorrow evening.

Last edited by helosc; May 25, 2016 at 10:31 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 25, 2016, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I guess lots of tourist flooding the cities due to the Feast of Corpus Christi day which allows for a long weekend? I know a lot of people doing city tours from today to Sunday, and actually a couple of families visiting CPH.

Also there is the http://3daysofdesign.dk/, not sure how much of an event that is.
Corpus Christi is not a broadly marked public holiday. In Germany it is only 6 out of 16 Bundesländer observing it. But in combination with a few events, and Spring Bank Holiday in UK (Monday) we might start to get somewhere.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:37 pm
Suspended

This upcoming Friday to Monday are rather cheap. It's tonight (Thursday night) which seems to have been the high demand night. Interestingly enough, as of Thursday morning local CPH time, it seems rooms are once again coming available and rates for tonight (Thursday night) are dropping too.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:54 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Corpus Christi is not a broadly marked public holiday. In Germany it is only 6 out of 16 Bundesländer observing it. But in combination with a few events, and Spring Bank Holiday in UK (Monday) we might start to get somewhere.
Corpus Christi is not a public holiday at all in Protestant countries as Denmark - actually theologically the phenomenon celebrated on Corpus Christi is one of the major theological differences between the Catholic and Protestant churches, the physical precense of the body of Christ in the Eucharist, i.e. the doctrine of transubstantiation. I would presume that the German Bundesländer observing this as a public holiday are the predominantly Catholic ones, such as Bayern.

I think that there might be a mix-up with Ascension Day which also is celebrated on a Thursday. This is a public holiday in Denmark
Old May 28, 2016, 6:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
This upcoming Friday to Monday are rather cheap. It's tonight (Thursday night) which seems to have been the high demand night. Interestingly enough, as of Thursday morning local CPH time, it seems rooms are once again coming available and rates for tonight (Thursday night) are dropping too.
Thursday night, there seemed to be almost no hotel rooms left in Malmo. As far as I could tell, I found zero rooms available online in the couple of hours before midnight local time. And I heard reports of people walking in to try to make reservations and check-in at multiple hotels around that city, but finding out that there was nothing available for the night.

While there were some last minute cancellations prior to the same-day cancellation deadline that made some rooms available, they got grabbed in short order. I think that the Malmo Garden Show the prior year was the last time I had been seeing such a thing starting to occur, but this past Thursday was literally the worst for availability that I had ever encountered for this city.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:33 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thought I'd just raise this question here:

During the strike two weeks ago we had a flight booked CDG-ARN. They put us instead on a CDG-CPH flight and told us to take a train from there. I had a rental car prepaid waiting for me at ARN.

I was also given a letter at CDG in regards to the inconveniences caused blah blah and that I should keep receipts etc and claim from SAS (with a CS email address).

By the way, my ultimate destination was Vaxjo.

What can/should I claim for? My intention:

1) Claim for train tickets CPH - Vaxjo
2) Claim for the usuable rental car from ARN in full.
3) Claim for the one way fee imposed by Avis for the rental car I then hired in Vaxjo back to ARN (but not for the daily rental rate).

Comments?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
What can/should I claim for? My intention:

1) Claim for train tickets CPH - Vaxjo
2) Claim for the usuable rental car from ARN in full.
3) Claim for the one way fee imposed by Avis for the rental car I then hired in Vaxjo back to ARN (but not for the daily rental rate).

Comments?
Difficult situation. SAS promised to take you to ARN, not to Växjö... For sure the train ticket CPH-Växjö will be reimbursed, but for the car I'm, not too optimistic. They might tell you that is was your decision not to go all the way to ARN and pick up the rental...

I would try to claim both but prepared to get a negative decision for 2) and 3)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.