Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ksu
I don't think the ever offered a helicopter service, but they had a Twin-Otter service, and a hovercraft. later a catamaran service from Malmö to CPH. The terminal in Malmö offered through check-in, security control and even a lounge. The service was discontinued in 2000.

A nice article in this magazine (pp 8-18):

http://www.classicfastferries.com/cf...cff_2004_1.pdf
Thanks. Still do boats sometime from Malmo to Copenhagen, but only for things like entertainment. Certainly no longer SAS provided.

I was told by Swedish relatives that some of the older ones used to sometimes take helicopters to Copenhagen. Never was made clear to me if that was SAS service, substitute service contracted out by SAS, or privately contracted service by individuals.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-run-sas.html
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
A fine? Recover the cost of the airport being shutdown for an hour and loss of revenue on them and the problem won't repeat itself anytime soon.
That is a civl law suit - up to the airport and airlines to engage in that.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:23 am

Just booked a May NCE trip with Now or Never. I'm Gold, wife is EBB, and spadbarn. No option for seat selection in Go Light? Is this just how it is? Last week I booked a same day trip to Alicante (need the basic points) in Go Light there and Plus on the return. It let me choose seats for both flights...
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I have a Go Light flight CPH - AMS -CPH in January and I could choose seats when booking.
I also have a normal Go flight CPH - Bologna - CPH in March and I couldn't choose a seat on the Bologna - CPH leg.

So maybe your issue has nothing to do with Go Light.
Maybe they are not sure about which plane is going to fly or.....

Last edited by helosc; Dec 5, 2015 at 11:47 am Reason: corrected destination
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
I just looked more closely at my holiday tickets for ARN-ORD.

The Chicago flight is in the afternoon, not 10.40! When did that happen? It's always been 10.40...

Turns out it's not a big problem for me. But I didn't really look when booking, since it's my usual holiday and I just buy the ticket without thinking too much. Guess I learned my lesson...though I would have learned an even stricter one if it had been the other way round and I showed up in the afternoon for a flight that had moved to a morning departure.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: Various
It changed so SK can use two aircraft for Chicago and Hong Kong.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by neko
I just looked more closely at my holiday tickets for ARN-ORD.

The Chicago flight is in the afternoon, not 10.40! When did that happen? It's always been 10.40...
It changed with the introduction of the ARN-HKG route to better fit the schedule/aircraft utilisation. I personally dislike the late ORD departure as well though I would rather have that opposed to not having a direct HKG route.

I've flown it a few times now with the later departure, each time immigration was virtually empty and very swift. The only downside is that it limits eastbound connections and connections into Canada.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
It changed so SK can use two aircraft for Chicago and Hong Kong.
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
It changed with the introduction of the ARN-HKG route to better fit the schedule/aircraft utilisation. I personally dislike the late ORD departure as well though I would rather have that opposed to not having a direct HKG route.

I've flown it a few times now with the later departure, each time immigration was virtually empty and very swift. The only downside is that it limits eastbound connections and connections into Canada.
Thanks! That makes sense - it's interesting to see how managing North America and Asia schedules can improve utilisation efficiency. I'm definitely happy to trade the changed schedule to ORD for the direct to HKG. (I actually like late departures from North America to Europe.)

Lesson learned - always check the times. It was quite a surprise about the one flight a year that I barely think about when I book - sort of like stepping down and not being there...
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:47 am

Yet another cancelation of reserved seat. So on Mondays CPH-IAD flight I found two days prior that my 30H seat had disappeared. Luckily I could secure 40A. Not as good as 30H, but still decent. Now I find that SAS has played the same trick on the return leg on Friday - and only crappy seats left. But why do something special for the EBGs when you swap the aircraft (although it has always been a 330)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Had a brief moment of joy when I got an email with 'Season's Greetings from SAS', only to open it and find bla bla in it. Still vividly recall December 2002 when I booked one offer after another till xmas, when all the offers became available again!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
15 posts on the SE/DK border checks moved here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...h-borders.html

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
SAS finally made a sort of substantial profit for its most recently completed reporting year. It's business model must be a real winner.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:57 pm

Must be all the money they saved on not serving coffee on short flights, charge for water and lowering the standard of the intra-European Plus meals to an extend most people do not even want to get 'em from the trolley
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
SAS finally made a sort of substantial profit for its most recently completed reporting year. It's business model must be a real winner.
The august to October quarter looks a bit puzzling. Unit cost increases 3.5% unit revenue decreases 0.5%, yet profit takes a nice jump upwards. That would require a massive jump in units, profit that is not driven by units, or something different.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:55 am

Im going to LA early august 2016, when is the cheapest time to book my ticket? Currently its 1.100 Dollars. I was hoping for somewhere around the 800 $ mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.