Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The quest for a domestic lounge at OSL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The quest for a domestic lounge at OSL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
There will be a domestic lounge at OSL but planning and building it takes a long time. AFAIK it's planned for this spring.
But where would it go?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I had a meeting with SAS Director On Ground Product & Services yesterday - it's confirmed for June 2014 but there's subcontractors and Avinor involved so the opening date will be 100% confirmed later this spring.

Last edited by Bjornstrom; Nov 25, 2013 at 2:13 am
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:50 am

The lounge will be placed near Gate 14 on Gardermoen Domestic and will be about 300 square meters. 100-120 seats, free Wi-Fi. Snacks & cold and hot beverages.

Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
I had a meeting with SAS Director On Ground Product & Services yesterday - it's confirmed for June 2013 but there's subcontractors and Avinor involved so the opening date will be 100% confirmed later this spring.
June 2014?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
June 2014?
Oops!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: SK-EBD
From "SAS traffic figures December 2013":

"SAS announced that during spring 2014 it will open a domestic lounge at Oslo Gardermoen airport."

So "spring" should be before "june". May be.
Old May 14, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SK Silver, AB Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
It will be opened on June 2, near gate 15.
Old May 14, 2014, 2:01 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by teekkari
It will be opened on June 2, near gate 15.
Work is far advanced
Old May 16, 2014, 5:53 am

I got a invite for the launch "party". Will post pics
Old May 28, 2014, 6:53 am

http://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/Ok...l#.U4XcGfldWQA

With image(s) of the new lounge.

Edit: a few more here: http://www.dn.no/nyheter/naringsliv/...nnenrikslounge

Last edited by dodgeflyer; May 28, 2014 at 7:17 am
Old May 28, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Will visit the lounge on monday when it opens, looking forward to see what they have manged to get out of the space. Looks OK from the pictures.
Old May 28, 2014, 11:37 am
ksu

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Will visit the lounge on monday when it opens, looking forward to see what they have manged to get out of the space. Looks OK from the pictures.
I won't get there until Tuesday, but then I have a four hour layover. It's interesting that they do free alcohol in a self-service-entry lounge!
Old May 28, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by ksu
I won't get there until Tuesday, but then I have a four hour layover. It's interesting that they do free alcohol in a self-service-entry lounge!
You know you are a frequent flyer when you way "I won't get there until" and will visit it the day after it opens...

You expected SAS to not have alcohol in the lounge? Don't think many would have been happy then...
Old May 28, 2014, 11:59 am
ksu

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
You know you are a frequent flyer when you way "I won't get there until" and will visit it the day after it opens...

You expected SAS to not have alcohol in the lounge? Don't think many would have been happy then...

With unmanned entry I'm surprised, seeing how strict licensing laws are in this country.

Well: I'm not driving at my destination, and I will not have much work to do when I get there...

I'm hitting Diamond on sectors on my flight from OSL on Tuesday, so double reason for celebrating!
Old May 28, 2014, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by ksu

With unmanned entry I'm surprised, seeing how strict licensing laws are in this country.

Well: I'm not driving at my destination, and I will not have much work to do when I get there...

I'm hitting Diamond on sectors on my flight from OSL on Tuesday, so double reason for celebrating!
Hehe, nice. ^

Don't think whether or not the entrance is unmanned or not will do any difference. People are still working inside the lounge, cleaning, refilling snacks and stuff like that. They are probably the ones supposed to "keep an eye out" for too young people.

Will be hitting Diamond next saturday myself on a weekendtrip to Athens. But the two roundtrips (mileage runs) to Athens this weekend will help, before I fly home on monday night (visiting the new lounge ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.