Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The quest for a domestic lounge at OSL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The quest for a domestic lounge at OSL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 8:55 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
It is an interesting discussion. The question is if SK wants to differentitate themselves at all. Currently SK and DY are close to equal, and when SK pilots are on strike customers that have bought SK by default move over to DY, and might never return.

So question is if they now want to invest into making their overall product (incl. price and timetable and all better), or if they want to enjoy the laurels again. We all know that the cheapest way of running an airline is not to fly at all. Cost cutting isn't always the solution... but then again, who at SK would listen to that?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:06 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

DY and SK are very close right now. The only positive selling points SK has is a lot more flights and seating.

If the price is a lot lower on DY, businessmen like myself will suck it up to save 200 bucks one way OSL-TRD.. And when it comes to better frequency, DY has taught me to plan better.

It's true what ksu says: It's not the end of the world loosing your EBG anymore. If a lounge was to be found at OSL, it might be a different story. I would make sure to stay loyal to SAS so I could gain access to the lounge

Larsll, waiting for your support mail!!

BTW, we are up to 23 signatures, most of them EBGs
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:36 am

Programs: too many to list
You have my support... the more lounges the better.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:21 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Why would I need a domestic lounge for OSL? Do I fly domestically?

Oops, it says TRD on my flight plan in a few weeks... LOUNGE!!! NOW!!!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by larsll
Why would I need a domestic lounge for OSL? Do I fly domestically?

Oops, it says TRD on my flight plan in a few weeks... LOUNGE!!! NOW!!!
Thanks for your PM, Lars... I will try and do my best, but a few weeks??

That makes grand total of 28 support emails, most EBGs

Keep'em coming guys!
Old May 22, 2006, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Bump!

I now have 38 signatures, mostly EBGs... Sending my letter to Petter Jansen tomorrow, May 23!

If there are anyone else, please send me an e-mail asap at [email protected] to be included.

I will post the reply.....
Old May 22, 2006, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
Bump!

I now have 38 signatures, mostly EBGs... Sending my letter to Petter Jansen tomorrow, May 23!

If there are anyone else, please send me an e-mail asap at [email protected] to be included.

I will post the reply.....
Can I request a friendly amendment about a priority lane? Without it we will not have time to enjoy the lounge!
Old May 22, 2006, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Can I request a friendly amendment about a priority lane? Without it we will not have time to enjoy the lounge!
Maybe I should include this in my letter? I don't think anyone would disagree
Old May 22, 2006, 3:04 pm

Maybe I should include this in my letter? I don't think anyone would disagree
Yes. ^
Old May 22, 2006, 11:45 pm

Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
Yes. ^
Yes, the lanes at CPH and ARN works ^ very good!
Old May 23, 2006, 5:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Very much needed, especially if the security lines in the morning remain as is, especially on Monday mornings. I don't think I've ever seen security lines as long even in the less developed country-type airports of LHR and DEL.

But they need to still get a fix on the overall problem for all other (non-priority) passengers too. A beautiful airport terminal that looks ugly when the lines cross the eyes.
Old May 24, 2006, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Fyi

Big travel day at OSL today. Passed through security a while ago. No lines whatsoever, the checkpoints are completely manned
Old May 24, 2006, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Big travel day at OSL today. Passed through security a while ago. No lines whatsoever, the checkpoints are completely manned
Big travel day, Kristi Himmelfartsdag ends up being in your neck of the world. Do most of my American compatriots even know what Ascension Day is? Can my President even spell it? Certainly not a big travel day in the US. And we don't even get 5+ weeks of vacation.

OSL wasn't bad today.
Old May 24, 2006, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Big travel day, Kristi Himmelfartsdag ends up being in your neck of the world. Do most of my American compatriots even know what Ascension Day is? Can my President even spell it? Certainly not a big travel day in the US. And we don't even get 5+ weeks of vacation.

OSL wasn't bad today.
I went through security at around 1630, and it wasn't too bad. I guess it took me 15-20 minutes. Lines were long but throughput high...
Old May 24, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Strong bump, now that eurobonus points are back for domestic in Norway it must be time for a domestic lounge at OSL. Any ideas if or when this might happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.