Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Norway VS Australia, benefits as a EBG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G

I'm a norwegian living in Australia and I'm currently a EBG member. I have chosen Norway as membership country as the treshold for becoming EBG in Norway has been low the last 2-3 years, byt after the last changes to EB, they have been equal. As a EBG member in Norway (Trondheim), the only extra benefit is an invite to the SAS christmas concert in Nidarosdomen in Trondheim every year. I was wondering if anybody hav any experience in being EBG in Australia and if there is any other bonus? Must admit that the christmas concert is quite nice though...

LN-KMS
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:57 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold
Hi,

I have been a member of Eurobonus in Australia for a couple of months now and so far I have recived no information except that the gold level i much better than in Sweden 45000p insted of 70000p

Nice to hear that there is more members in Sydney, time to have a beer and open "FlyerTalk Eurobonus Department very east"?

Edit: Also wanted to say that there is no booking engine availible on the SAS Australian website so its not possible to book trips from here currently....

Last edited by per_syd; Aug 26, 2005 at 1:59 am
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:44 am

Hmm.... I just took a look to the Australian website. It has an offer of a mini-RTW on UA and SK for AUD 4069 (approx USD 3090) in business! EBG in one fell swoop...
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I don't think Eurobonus has an office in Australia.

The tier thresholds are the same as in Norway, I don't think they will give you any tickets to the Sydney Opera..

But if they found it in their heart to give you a Christmas gift, it would make sense registering as an Australian member so you won't miss out.

All the other conditions are the same.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 3:10 am
Original Poster

The Sydney office does actually have 1 person working full time with Eurobonus, and they are ticketing award tickets in the office. Very nice people there, if you have a problem you are always invited in for a coffee and a little chat, and they are always helpful.

SK does also have very competitive pricing ex-australia. An upgrade to C on any SK longhoul when using these combinationtickets is just 700 AUD, which is next to nothing comparing how much C is from Scandinavia to US\China\Far-east.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 3:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LN-KMS
The Sydney office does actually have 1 person working full time with Eurobonus, and they are ticketing award tickets in the office. Very nice people there, if you have a problem you are always invited in for a coffee and a little chat, and they are always helpful.

SK does also have very competitive pricing ex-australia. An upgrade to C on any SK longhoul when using these combinationtickets is just 700 AUD, which is next to nothing comparing how much C is from Scandinavia to US\China\Far-east.
Well, then I am positive they will give you a gift and take better care of you if you are a member in Australia!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:45 am

Programs: heaps...
Personally i think the lady in EB-SYD does a great job. Even got me I tickets on PER-AKL, just before Xmas last year (and the flight was PACKED! and NAN is a good place to spend the holidays... and for 40000 points a bargain....)

Appart from that the only difference is that while registrerd in aussie makes it cranky to book tickets when logged in to the sas site.

other than that no difference

enjoy SYD!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.