Old Jul 10, 2023, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jamesbrownontheroad
LOUNGE OVERVIEW

SAS has two lounges at Copenhagen (CPH), both of which are located in Terminal 3, opposite the passport control of the C Gates:

- SAS Gold Lounge (turn right and go upstairs: access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class)
- SAS Lounge (turn left: access for SAS Business, SAS Plus, *A Business)

As of the 12th of September 2023 the lounge is open at 05.00AM but this is subject to change.

Here's the latest link to info about SAS lounges: https://www.flysas.com/content/flysa...AS%20departure.

"Our lounges open approximately 60 minutes prior to the first SAS departure of the day and close approximately 30 minutes before the last SAS departure. Opening hours may vary depending on local contracts and according to seasonal timetables."
LOUNGE AMENITIES

The SAS Gold Lounge offers the same amenities as the SAS Lounge, but with a slightly better food and drink selection. There is also an espresso bar which is staffed in peak periods. The Gold Lounge has higher ceilings and a more airy atmosphere.

Breakfast items (oatmeal, eggs, cereal, etc) are available at the buffet until around 10.30AM, when the offer shifts towards lunch.

A small number of showers are available.

Quieter recliners and places to sleep are towards the back of the lounges, overlooking the landside car park.

LOUNGE ON ARRIVAL

Arrival use of the lounge is for PY, J, and SK Diamond and above (thanks CPH-Flyer for providing the information).

In addition to the SAS lounges there are the following contract lounges at CPH:

- Aspire Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Carlsberg Aviator Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Copenhagen Apartment Lounge (Terminal 2)
- Eventyr Lounge (Terminal 3)
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounges Copenhagen (CPH)

Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ge18
Done a lot of searching, and this old thread is the only one I could find with info...

In 2017 is it still possible on arrival from non-Schengen to access the airside area and lounges through the 'Transfer' lanes without an onward BP?

Details: OW Sapphire, arriving BA JFK-LHR-CPH and wanted to spend some time relaxing in the contract lounge or an airside terminal restaurant as place to meet other pax arriving on SAS intra-Schengen (ignore any lounge access concerns for other pax).
As there are only OW contract lounges, I doubt you'd get lounge access yourself on arrival, but I'm not an expert with OW.
As for going through transfer security, it is indeed possible without an onward BP, but arriving from LHR you won't need to go through security, you should already be airside and can pass passport control when you please :-)
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AA, DL, US, VX, InTouch, HHonors, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by studentCPH
As there are only OW contract lounges, I doubt you'd get lounge access yourself on arrival, but I'm not an expert with OW.
As for going through transfer security, it is indeed possible without an onward BP, but arriving from LHR you won't need to go through security, you should already be airside and can pass passport control when you please :-)
Not too concerned about lounge access as I also have Priority Pass. Main thing is the airside access arriving from LHR. Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Looking for the most up-to-date information on this subject. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am a United Star Gold flying IAD-CPH-ARN on SK in SAS Go (economy). I know I have access to the LH lounge at IAD. Will I:
1. Have access to the SAS lounge at CPH Terminal 3 when I arrive from IAD?
2. Have access to the SAS lounge at ARN when I am departing for CPH on my way back to IAD, and does this include the ability to bring in one guest?
3. Have access to the SAS lounge at CPH on the way back to IAD?

Again, thanks for any assistance with my questions. Any other tips or things to consider are also welcome.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:14 pm

Yes, yes and yes. :-) The SK lounges in CPH and ARN of course admits *G travelers with a boarding pass for a *A flight departing from the same airport that day, including one guest also flying on star alliance.

Things to consider: on SAS go longhaul the food could be underwhelming (some times is OK) and I believe you can get a soda/juice along with your meal as well as water/tea/coffee throughout the flight, anything else has to be bought.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Thanks for the quick response, and the good news.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by travellers4fun
And here's the documentation:

https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-inf...lounge-access/

"SAS Plus to/from Asia/the US: You are welcome at SAS lounges around the world as well as our partners' lounges in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo. If you are traveling on a SAS intercontinental flight, you also have access to SAS' own lounges on arrival (except at Newark due to airport authority regulations)."
We are flying SAS from BOS to CPH on J reward tickets in Sept and arriving at 7 AM. Will we have access to the SAS lounge on arrival? Is there an issue with picking up luggage before going to the lounge?

Thanks,
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by muggles11
We are flying SAS from BOS to CPH on J reward tickets in Sept and arriving at 7 AM. Will we have access to the SAS lounge on arrival? Is there an issue with picking up luggage before going to the lounge?

Thanks,
You have access to the lounge on arrival. If you have *G you can access the upstairs lounge as well as the downstairs lounge, if no status you only have access to the downstairs lounge. Showers are downstairs.

The lounge is airside and you cannot pick up the luggage before entering.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:42 pm

I thought I'd check for the updated knowledge here too...I'm inbound on SK in J from BOS, stopping (>24 hours in CPH). Will I have access to an arrivals lounge w/ shower (apparently after passport control but before baggage claim?). Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
I thought I'd check for the updated knowledge here too...I'm inbound on SK in J from BOS, stopping (>24 hours in CPH). Will I have access to an arrivals lounge w/ shower (apparently after passport control but before baggage claim?). Thanks!
Yes :-)
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
SAS CPH lounge baggage storage?

I will soon have a 7h connection at CPH (arriving 7am, departing 2pm). I plan to take the metro to Copenhagen. For the carry-on bags, though, is there anywhere I can leave it at the SAS Lounge in CPH (to avoid dragging it out, putting it in the T2 P4 storage lockers at the airport (that is the only place outside where to store bags, right?), and then bring it back in through security again when returning)? If there's no lockers in the lounge, is it possible/allowed to leave it with the lounge staff (e.g. to keep securely behind the desk) for a few hours? Or if it's no go for all that, then I guess I am stuck going to leave it in T2/P4 storage lockers, then go to T3 for metro, then back to T2/P4 to get the bags when I return, then back to T3 for the TG flight out..

Also, any recommendations for what to do in Copenhagen (city) as a tourist on a short layover (7:30~12:30), in the earlier morning hours (7:30-10), before most places are open? I've downloaded an app with some Copenhagen walks and will likely just do that, presuming the weather is not too bad on the day... but any recommendations welcome, esp. for the earlier morning portion.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They will not allow you to leave your luggage at the lounge reception, and there are no lockers in the lounge. Only options are the lockers at the parking area.

The Aquarium just around the corner from the airport is worth a visit. Otherwise take the metro to Kgs. Nytorv, visit Nyhavn for lunch, take a stroll to Amalienborg (the Royal Palace) further up to Nordre Toldbod catch a harbour bus (a boat) back down to Nyhavn, you can also do the trip all the way down and back up to Nyhavn. And then catch the metro back the airport.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They will not allow you to leave your luggage at the lounge reception, and there are no lockers in the lounge. Only options are the lockers at the parking area.
Thanks. That is what I thought, just wanted to check. Then I won't bother to go to the lounge and will just go straight out to the lockers outside.

The Aquarium just around the corner from the airport is worth a visit. Otherwise take the metro to Kgs. Nytorv, visit Nyhavn for lunch, take a stroll to Amalienborg (the Royal Palace) further up to Nordre Toldbod catch a harbour bus (a boat) back down to Nyhavn, you can also do the trip all the way down and back up to Nyhavn. And then catch the metro back the airport.
Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
take the metro to Kgs. Nytorv, visit Nyhavn for lunch, take a stroll to Amalienborg (the Royal Palace) further up to Nordre Toldbod catch a harbour bus (a boat) back down to Nyhavn, you can also do the trip all the way down and back up to Nyhavn. And then catch the metro back the airport.
Definitely do that, and go see the "sights" first - take good pictures of Nyhavn, the palace, Marble church. You can also take the harbour bus to the mermaid! After you have done all that head into the Stroeget (longest pedestrian street in the world) when shops are open (more lively). Personally I also like Rosenborg castle (I think it's very beautiful although I have never been inside).

If you don't have that much to drag around, I wouldn't waste time to use a locker (you will waste at least 30 minutes to walk there, place things there and walk back to the metro and repeat the same when you go back). Haven't used them for a while but I remember we used to keep some change to use them because they only take coins.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I am contemplating re-routing a trip from DPS to NYC next year via CPH...would it be easy to use the showers prior to going out on the town? Would have an ~11 hour layover between BKK-CPH (on TG) and CPH-EWR (on SK). Just want to check as I have no desire to wander around feeling grimy all day...
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I am contemplating re-routing a trip from DPS to NYC next year via CPH...would it be easy to use the showers prior to going out on the town? Would have an ~11 hour layover between BKK-CPH (on TG) and CPH-EWR (on SK). Just want to check as I have no desire to wander around feeling grimy all day...
Yep, follow the signs for transit, go through security and immigration. Once through immigration, you will see the lounge straight ahead. The showers is in the lounge to the left (downstairs). There's a desk behind the reception, ask them for the key, or at the reception if the other desk is not manned.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.