Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS vs Austrian, business from LAX to TXL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chase, United

Looking for perspective of SAS flyers too: what would you do if given an otherwise equal (e.g. cost in miles; decent layover times) choice between Austrian and SAS in business from LAX to TXL?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:54 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
My choice would be Austrian. For the long haul segment, in my opinion, Austrian has better food and a better seat. In addition, you should have smoother immigration in VIE than in CPH and an easier overall transit in VIE than in CPH. The short intra-Schengen hop in J would be nothing to write home about with either carrier, but on the long haul segment OS beats SK.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chase, United
Originally Posted by mihaid
My choice would be Austrian. For the long haul segment, in my opinion, Austrian has better food and a better seat. In addition, you should have smoother immigration in VIE than in CPH and an easier overall transit in VIE than in CPH. The short intra-Schengen hop in J would be nothing to write home about with either carrier, but on the long haul segment OS beats SK.
Thanks. Any followup about the better seat? It looks like the SAS seat is a more advanced and supposedly improved iteration of the same basic product -- vantage vs. vantage xl if I recall. And it does look like the SAS business cabin is less dense, with more room for feet. Does that not pan out in actual experience?

Also, the SAS stop would be ARN not CPH.

thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I would prefer the SK seat to the AU seat, but in other matters AU would win for me.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The OP is cross posting.

Moderator, please move to the LH forum where the OP started a duplicate thread.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:33 am

If you like coffee go with OS....
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:46 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
SK doesn't have C class on intra-European flights. You will be in Plus, that may earn less miles. If you can get 'throne' seat choose OS - better service, meals etc.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TPJ
SK doesn't have C class on intra-European flights. You will be in Plus, that may earn less miles. If you can get 'throne' seat choose OS - better service, meals etc.
Does OS reserve the single seats for Senator or above? Like LX.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:05 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
As there there is another thread on this topic, please post further comments here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...l#post28681358

l'etoile
sr moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.