Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Booking Star Alliance Awards on multiple airlines.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Star Alliance Awards on multiple airlines.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
That's correct. The TA at SK I talked to gave me an itinerary which had Thai first class flights on the outbound leg from FRA to SYD over BKK. On UA and NH, I don't see any Thai award flights at all on any dates in October. Not even if I search for them individually.
UA certainly has a preference for displaying their own flights if they fly the route in question - and seem to ignore other airlines.
I have found ANA quite reliable - but have also seen the SK agent come up with availability that I could not see on ANA.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Sorry to jump on this thread.

Does anyone know how LIS-FRA-LHR (TP/LH) would be priced one way in economy? I've never made a *A reward booking before but have some points in EB. Roughly what would the taxes be?

many thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jackowilkinson
Sorry to jump on this thread.

Does anyone know how LIS-FRA-LHR (TP/LH) would be priced one way in economy? I've never made a *A reward booking before but have some points in EB. Roughly what would the taxes be?

many thanks!
Lufthansa is quite famous for their high taxes, European economy is often cheaper to buy outright. Though of course a one way can change that a lot. I don't think there is anyway to be sure of the YQ charge than to call SK and get it priced.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Lufthansa is quite famous for their high taxes, European economy is often cheaper to buy outright. Though of course a one way can change that a lot. I don't think there is anyway to be sure of the YQ charge than to call SK and get it priced.
Great thank you. But it should be 12k plus tax?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by jackowilkinson
According to ITA:

RA 26.61
YQ 50.00
YP 11.04
PT 03.47
YR 16.00

For a total of EUR 107.12

Just as a comparison: Doing a simple search I can easily find nonstop flights with TAP LIS-LHR for 87 euros. That's booking class L where you earn 25%.

Oops! I just realized now that you asked for "LIS-FRA-LHR (TP/LH)," while the taxes I quoted are for LH the entire way LIS-FRA-LHR.

Last edited by RedChili; Jul 29, 2017 at 4:32 am Reason: Additional info
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by RedChili
According to ITA:

RA 26.61
YQ 50.00
YP 11.04
PT 03.47
YR 16.00

For a total of EUR 107.12

Just as a comparison: Doing a simple search I can easily find nonstop flights with TAP LIS-LHR for 87 euros. That's booking class L where you earn 25%.

Oops! I just realized now that you asked for "LIS-FRA-LHR (TP/LH)," while the taxes I quoted are for LH the entire way LIS-FRA-LHR.
Great thanks for the info! The date I need (4th Sep) seems to be horrendously expensive, and no BA/IB redemption options

Will try and price up a reasonable *A trip! Never flown LH so could be good fun!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
EuroBonus doesn't seem to calculate the YQ based on what the operating carrier charges.

Unless something has changed (again), it should be a flat ~EUR116, in addition to airport taxes, for each IATA area crossed.

If it's within the same zone, it should be about EUR58 except for domestic USA awards which are YQ-less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.