Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointed by SAS "Plus"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Disappointed by SAS "Plus"

So I just flew CDG-ARN-HEL-CPH-CDG in SAS Plus and paid the outrageous sum for the privilege...

Granted I did so only for the purpose of requalifying for my A3 Gold status and I could have read about the product in advance...

That said, what a total mess of an experience.

1) Very old aircraft
2) No middle seat blocked
3) No clear demarcation between 'plus' and 'minus'
4) Terrible food... basically the same as economy just without the additional charge.

In fairness the service on all segments was excellent, but never, ever again.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
So I just flew CDG-ARN-HEL-CPH-CDG in SAS Plus and paid the outrageous sum for the privilege...

Granted I did so only for the purpose of requalifying for my A3 Gold status and I could have read about the product in advance...

That said, what a total mess of an experience.

1) Very old aircraft
4) Terrible food... basically the same as economy just without the additional charge.

In fairness the service on all segments was excellent, but never, ever again.
It has been discussed at length, it is a premium economy product, not a business class product. Though it does use booking classes normally associated with business class. I book Plus solely for the flexibility of the tickets (they have now also introduced less flexible versions), the price for the flexibility is very attractive.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
1) Very old aircraft

Just out of curiosity: Did you expect to get newer airplanes because you booked in Plus?

Remember that the Plus tickets are often just slightly more expensive than the regular economy ticket, while giving you 200% miles. In order to get 200% with other European airlines, such as LH, LX or OS, you would likely need to cough up 3-4 times the amount of money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.