Wiki Posts
Search

Likelihood of payout?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Likelihood of payout?

Took the last LHR-ARN the other day, delayed by a couple of hours. Upon arrival all the public transport was closed so I took a taxi to town.

Delay was not enough to trigger EC261 but would SAS reimburse the taxi or the difference between taxi fare and train fare as a gesture?

BA and Swiss have reimbursed me in the past in such occurrences (despite their dreadful reputations) so am curious what the SAS practice is?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:19 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Upon arrival all the public transport was closed so I took a taxi to town.
Don't know about the reimbursement, but if you have an SL card you could have taken the local bus 593 which departs at 0222/0322. (Also local bus 592 but this stops everywhere and takes 1.5 hours to Centralen.) I took this to get an early flight out of ARN yesterday. If you are awake enough it is a nice drive at this time of the year as the sun is up.

The flygbuss also appears to have departures at 0215/0315 if you don't have an SL card.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:29 pm

Public transportation is never closed at ARN. Both Flygbussarna and SL line 593 run through the night from ARN to Stockholm Central Station with, I believe, one bus each per hour. There's also a Door-To-Gate shuttle which operates 24/7.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Thanks for the replies. I was not aware of the buses - was thinking of ARN express or even pendeltag. So I guess I won't get a very sympathetic ear from SAS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.