Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Plus from EWR?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade to Plus from EWR?

Hello.

I’m looking to upgrade from Go to Plus on my flight to Stockholm from EWR. We are already past the bidding deadline, so we are hoping to upgrade at the airport.

Does anyone know what time the ticket counter opens for SAS at Newark, and also, does anyone know if it’s better to inquire about an upgrade at the counter, lounge or gate?

Thanks for any insight, folks!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Hello.

I’m looking to upgrade from Go to Plus on my flight to Stockholm from EWR. We are already past the bidding deadline, so we are hoping to upgrade at the airport.

Does anyone know what time the ticket counter opens for SAS at Newark, and also, does anyone know if it’s better to inquire about an upgrade at the counter, lounge or gate?

Always ask as early as possible, it seems to be mainy first come first serve in terms of airport upgrades. So at check in for sure. They may not be able to answer staright away, but at least log your request.

Don't know when the counters specifically open, but normally for SK intercontinental outstations, 2.5 hours. But with multiple flights at EWR, that may make a difference.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Hello.

Like CPH-Flyer writes, as soon as possible.

My experience is they handle it differently from airport to airport, and even the between the persons at the check in counter at the same airport. I had an experience in Chicago a couple years ago, where I asked for a upgrade at the check-in. The check-in assistant said she could put me on a standby list, but then I overheard the guy next to me asking for an upgrade too, and was told there where many seats available, so he could get it straight away. I was EBD he was EBG. So be persistent. Unless they tell you there are no upgrades available, insist on getting the confirmation straight away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.