Wiki Posts
Search

Immediate retro-credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Thumbs up Immediate retro-credit

Just tried to retro credit an LO flight from 3 weeks ago, and the experience was dramatically better than in the past. Instead of getting an empty page, with no feedback, I got a confirmation page stating the retro-credit status as 'successful'.

I was so puzzled as to what 'successful' could mean that I had to check (it could just be that a case has been created). Indeed the miles have been credited at this very instant. I don't think this was a coincidence. I did check that the points were missing just before making the request.

^
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:18 am
Original Poster

And another instantaneous retro-credit experience today. So this seems how things work now. Only, I wonder, if they have data to confirm the credit automatically, why wouldn't they credit automatically in the first place ...
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by wazow
And another instantaneous retro-credit experience today. So this seems how things work now. Only, I wonder, if they have data to confirm the credit automatically, why wouldn't they credit automatically in the first place ...
worked for me only on SK flights and on other Star carriers if those were SK issued tickets so far... were your tickets issued by LO?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
This could be a *A-wide thing (or at least, a progressive roll-out). Other programs like A3 and UA have instant crediting for claims.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
worked for me only on SK flights and on other Star carriers if those were SK issued tickets so far... were your tickets issued by LO?
One of them was issued by LO (080 stock), the other was curiously issued by AB (745 stock). Both worked exactly the same. The 745 ticket was an IRROPS thing. I don't think AB sell LO seas otherwise
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by fassy
I think SK have problems with the EB systems for the last week or so. I'm still waiting for a couple of flights to show up. There is another thread about this where other have the same experience.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:19 am

I don't think they have the data, but with the new EB system they might have online access to the airlines flight history, and are thereby able to do real time verifications. In the old EB system this was either manual and/or daily/weekly batch jobs.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I think SK have problems with the EB systems for the last week or so. I'm still waiting for a couple of flights to show up. There is another thread about this where other have the same experience.
Note: this thread is about retro-credit.

I do have issues with regular credit. Both LO tickets have not credited within 14 days, so I asked for retro. In the old system, I usually experienced automatic credit for LO flights in max 1 day of the arrival time. In that sense, this is not an improvement. The retro-credit works better, but the regular one does not (on a sample of 3 flights for now). Another test next week
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:26 am

Note: this thread is about retro-credit.

I do have issues with regular credit. Both LO tickets have not credited within 14 days, so I asked for retro. In the old system, I usually experienced automatic credit for LO flights in max 1 day of the arrival time. In that sense, this is not an improvement. The retro-credit works better, but the regular one does not (on a sample of 3 flights for now). Another test next week
Please see this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...l#post28505001 for the none retro-credit. SK has finally confirmed they have issues with none retro-credit of SK operated flights at the moment. No ETA on a fix or whether points will be auto retro-credited once the problem has been fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.