Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Getting a refund or Credit for SAS Business Class Saver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting a refund or Credit for SAS Business Class Saver

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks but wow!

I really do not understand why SAS cannot accommodate me by issuing another ticket as a credit for this unused one. Putting illness aside, my confirmation states this ticket can be used for future travel. I made an error and cancelled the tix using a form on Sas website: "Cancel and Refund" thinking it the way to go. Ok I used the wrong form, ticket was cancelled, and there are no other options? I made a mistake..not being a frequent traveller (and not taking insurance), but that's it? They get to keep my $3600?
oye..im so upset.
b

Originally Posted by Barb1948
I apologize in advance if this has been asked before, but as an elderly senior, im not handy at checking out previous questions.
4 people bought tickets for a cruise on oceania leaving August 30, 2017. We all bought R/T Buisiness Class Saver SAS tickets for August 30 - September 13th: Stockholm-Copenhagen and paid approximately $3500. One person in our group had a medical event (Hospitalized) and cannot go. His wife cancelled and then 2 of use cancelled. SAS will not refund my ticket or give me a credit for another trip. They seems adamant. Any suggestions? $3500 is a lot of money to me.
thank you.Barbara

I wish I had bought trip insurance, but did not.

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 20, 2017 at 4:07 pm Reason: repair quotation frame
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I would give it a try and call the service center in Sweden (+46 8 797 4000). Be aware that the opening times in the link below are given in CET.

https://www.sas.se/reseinfo/service-...dback/contact/
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: More than one
I really do not understand why SAS cannot accommodate me by issuing another ticket as a credit for this unused one. Putting illness aside, my confirmation states this ticket can be used for future travel. I made an error and cancelled the tix using a form on Sas website: "Cancel and Refund" thinking it the way to go. Ok I used the wrong form, ticket was cancelled, and there are no other options? I made a mistake..not being a frequent traveller (and not taking insurance), but that's it? They get to keep my $3600?
oye..im so upset.
b
I don't think you used the wrong from. The fare rules of your ticket most likely did not support a refund. Had they supported a refund you would have gotten that automatically when you canceled the ticket.
In other words you have purchased the cheapest ticket you could get, and those cheap tickets have some disadvantages. One being they are not refundable.
You could probably have changed the ticket to a later flight against a fee, but that is a completely different process than cancel and refund.

SAS is in their good rights to not give you anything, but you can't get less than you have today, so I would, like Jainzar writes, try to call the SAS customer center in Scandinavia and plead my case here. They are often more understanding than the US customer service.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
oye..im so upset.
b
I assume you sent an email and got a reply. Would you mind sharing the reply neutralised for any and all personal information? I am curious if it is just a standard copy and paste answer or it seems to have been through the motions.

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I don't think you used the wrong from. The fare rules of your ticket most likely did not support a refund. Had they supported a refund you would have gotten that automatically when you canceled the ticket.
In other words you have purchased the cheapest ticket you could get, and those cheap tickets have some disadvantages. One being they are not refundable.
You could probably have changed the ticket to a later flight against a fee, but that is a completely different process than cancel and refund.

SAS is in their good rights to not give you anything, but you can't get less than you have today, so I would, like Jainzar writes, try to call the SAS customer center in Scandinavia and plead my case here. They are often more understanding than the US customer service.
If as indicated by the OP hospitalisation is an exception for the rules, that would require more than just the standard Web form.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If as indicated by the OP hospitalisation is an exception for the rules, that would require more than just the standard Web form.
If you are in close family yes, but not if you are just friends who are traveling together. But the Scandinavian customer center sometimes make exceptions and refund the tickets for friends too.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

More info for SAS Cancelled Ticket

If you are in close family yes, but not if you are just friends who are traveling together. But the Scandinavian customer center sometimes make exceptions and refund the tickets for friends too.[/QUOTE]

From Barbara-(cannot find how to use colors or bold..?)

Thank you for your information and assistance. but My SAS "Business Class Saver" states on the confirmation:
"Changes: Rebooking is permitted against a fee. In case of upgrading...."

My friend has the same ticket and she called to rebook -or get a credit, and it went fine. which leads me to believe the Cancel and Refund Form was the wrong one...BUT you'd think I could explain that and they would understand.

I have spoken to Customer Service at SAS and they keep saying that I cancelled my Ticket and it cannot be reinstated. Then this reply to an email I sent to an Exec.... and his response.:

"Dear Ms. DuBois,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I have investigated your case and as you cancelled the ticket in our website, you accepted the terms and conditions of the cancellation, therefore I am not able to honor your claim.

I wish you a good day.

Kind regards,

Getter
Travel Consultant, Customer Care "

What terms and
Conditions? I only saw this:

"CANCEL & REFUND
If you booked your trip on the SAS websites or thr

From Barbara

Now I take responsibility for not getting travel insurance, and I should have called them instead of filling out a form on their website.. considering it was $3600 Im talking about, but still.... I cannot get anyone at SAS to clarify their position... and make an accommodation. SO they keep my $3600 and sell the seat to another customer. Yikes!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Formatting

I cannot get to use formatting tools.. How do i turn this on ?

Originally Posted by barb1948
i really do not understand why sas cannot accommodate me by issuing another ticket as a credit for this unused one. Putting illness aside, my confirmation states this ticket can be used for future travel. I made an error and cancelled the tix using a form on sas website: "cancel and refund" thinking it the way to go. Ok i used the wrong form, ticket was cancelled, and there are no other options? I made a mistake..not being a frequent traveller (and not taking insurance), but that's it? They get to keep my $3600?
Oye..im so upset.
B
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

SAS

OK. Sorry for typos..

This is from SAS website under
Cancel and Refund:

"CANCEL & REFUND
If you booked your trip on the SAS websites or through the SAS Customer Contact Center by phone, you can cancel your booking here. The inquiry will be processed within 7 days, but if you are cancelling a part of the trip, the refund will be done when the trip is completed. (and this is not for a cancellation within 24 hours.)

What else can I say here? I am going to try the phone number given to me for SAS in Stockholm.. Thank you for that Jainzar!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
OK. Sorry for typos..

This is from SAS website under
Cancel and Refund:

"CANCEL & REFUND
If you booked your trip on the SAS websites or through the SAS Customer Contact Center by phone, you can cancel your booking here. The inquiry will be processed within 7 days, but if you are cancelling a part of the trip, the refund will be done when the trip is completed. (and this is not for a cancellation within 24 hours.)

What else can I say here? I am going to try the phone number given to me for SAS in Stockholm.. Thank you for that Jainzar!
I think the only possible way forward is to get to speak to a manager. I would advise trying to call in the day time on a weekday, so before 5pm in Sweden. Might be a bit inconvenient time zone for you though.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I'm getting a refund on SAS!

So I finally reached someone who understood my frustration as well as the online cancellation mistake, and is crediting me for the ticket. This person went around and over the "cannot reinstate the ticket" mantra from everyone else.

I have persisted with this for weeks, not willing to take no for an answer. Thanks for all your support.
bd
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I finally reached someone who understood my frustration as well as the online cancellation mistake, and is crediting me for the ticket. This person went around and over the "cannot reinstate the ticket" mantra from everyone else.

I have persisted with this for weeks, not willing to take no for an answer. Thanks for all your support.
bd
Glad to hear your persistence paid off, and happy if the suggestions of the forum helped.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM

bd
Great to hear. I think that your situation was a typical case that needed a bit more attention from SAS, but glad to hear that they eventually handled it in a decent manner.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I think SAS have actually gone out of their way here, and deserves due credit. OP f***** up, SAS is really generous here.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I totally agree. It is very generous and one of the reasons why I find that SAS should be praised for providing such settlements. If you talk to many low-cost carriers (Norwegian, WOW air) they have very unresponsive or even non-existing customer care. So in today's very competitive airlines' business this has become really rare. You should actually praise SAS for still preserve such kind of human touch in their customer care. I hope, Barbara, that you will get back to travel with SAS once you and your partner are back in good health!

This is also one of the main reasons I like travelling SAS. I am willing to pay sometimes a bit higher fair for my ticket to receive such kind of treatment and I think many other frequent flyer do the same. I have never been disappointed by SAS when a flight got cancelled, I missed a connection or my baggage got lost. It is promptly taken care of and compensation is paid out very quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.