Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurowings + Brussels ticket interline to SAS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurowings + Brussels ticket interline to SAS?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 6:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
4U operates flights for EW. Call EW, they can look up your reservation.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just took these flights. I made it, but just barely, and I don't recommend anyone do this unless it really saves a lot of money.

My flight from Brussels to Copenhagen was on time but baggage took FOREVER. 40 minutes before the first bag came out. I had given the Eurowings agent a priority tag to put on, and it worked for Brussels airlines, so at least my bag was near first. But I had to sprint to the SAS counter, and then through security and passport control. Not fun at all.

If the bag had taken even a little longer, or there was even a small delay on the inbound flight, I would've been screwed. So YMMV
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I also for lucky with CPH Fast Track. I just flashed my *G card and the guy nicely let me through.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:56 pm

CPH is one of the worst airport in Europe when it comes to deliver baggage... they made me become a religious hand-baggage only traveler...
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by zeer0
Just took these flights. I made it, but just barely, and I don't recommend anyone do this unless it really saves a lot of money.

My flight from Brussels to Copenhagen was on time but baggage took FOREVER. 40 minutes before the first bag came out. I had given the Eurowings agent a priority tag to put on, and it worked for Brussels airlines, so at least my bag was near first. But I had to sprint to the SAS counter, and then through security and passport control. Not fun at all.

If the bag had taken even a little longer, or there was even a small delay on the inbound flight, I would've been screwed. So YMMV
OP, I'm glad that you made it, even if it was tight (and probably highly stressful). I think the bolded part sums it up. You could have easily ended up paying more than any savings if you had missed the flight.

I think this is worth mentioning (and repeating), but whenever one books separate tickets, always, always, always budget extra time between the flights. To be honest, I think you got lucky; you could have very easily ended up being screwed, as you say so yourself.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fassy
CPH is one of the worst airport in Europe when it comes to deliver baggage... they made me become a religious hand-baggage only traveler...
I have to agree that CPH is pretty bad for baggage delivery. Even BA at LHR gets my bags back to me much more reliably in terms of time than any airline at CPH.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by fassy
Though no big fan of my home airport, I had to say, that CPH has improved significantly the last 6-12 months in baggage handling, including respecting orange.

I almost always check my carry-on in, and I have had waiting time at the belt down to 1 minute, and though the signs typically announces baggage in 16-18 minutes if mostly comes earlier.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by zeer0
I made it, but just barely, and I don't recommend anyone do this unless it really saves a lot of money. My flight from Brussels to Copenhagen was on time but baggage took FOREVER.
Seems that the basic conclusion is, that throught-check of baggage all the way wasn't possible?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Seems that the basic conclusion is, that throught-check of baggage all the way wasn't possible?
Exactly. The Eurowings agents said they don't interline with anyone from star alliance, just Lufthansa and Eurowings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.