Removing miles from Eurobonus

Old May 11, 2017, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Removing miles from Eurobonus

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:

I take SAS's CPH-SFO-CPH flights every month and a half or so. I always credit these flights to my UA MP account, which has never given me any trouble so far. However, this past January my SFO-CPH segment was somehow credited to my eurobonus account (which I don't use anymore) despite providing my UA MP account no. online and during check-in. I'm hoping to qualify for UA gold soon, so I need the miles in my UA account instead in order to qualify soon.

I tried calling twice; the first time the rep put me on hold and then flat out told me she couldn't remove the miles from my eurobonus account. The second time the rep told me she would call me back, which of course never happened.

Is there anyone who has experience with a similar case, or has an idea how to get through to Eurobonus? Thanks!

Last edited by christvs; May 11, 2017 at 3:39 pm
Old May 11, 2017, 4:10 pm

Sorry, not a chance... once credited it is not possible to revert that and credit to a different program. Which by the way is a problem across the board...
Old May 11, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. Eurobonus will be reluctant to delete these points/flights from your account as once you credit to UA, SK will have to pay UA for the miles credited. So from a revenue point of view, SK prefers to put points in your Eurobonus account rather than make a credit to UA MP.

I also believe that once you try to retro-register the flights with UA, UA may reject to credit the flights as it will appear from your reservation/ticket that you have already credited to SK Eurobonus. UA will suspect that you are trying to "double-dip"

I'm not sure it is worth the hassle and time you are going to spend on this. Move on (and delete your Eurobonus account if you are not going to use it).
Old May 12, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by fassy
Sorry, not a chance... once credited it is not possible to revert that and credit to a different program. Which by the way is a problem across the board...
While I agree that with SAS this is near impossible, I have done this with other airlines in the past, namely ba and AA.

I had this problem with SK when I did a upgrade they stuck my EB number in without me noticing and refused to fix the problem even though they screwed up...
Old May 12, 2017, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm guessing this won't be worth the trouble after all - I guess it will take one additional trip until I'm able to enjoy those *G benefits.
@kauppias: I think a similar thing happened to me: they changed my seat and gave me a new BP, which I guess is where they changed my FF no.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
yes, one has to be very careful when having multiple accounts in the same alliance. This happens once in a while (happened to me to). There are various stages depending on the airline (lounges, upgrades, priority check-in, accessing the reservation online being logged into the website, etc). It is also sometimes difficult to clear the FF# that was entered in the reservation before check-in. The only safe way is to close all the accounts but one (if you don't use them). If this is not an option, in the times when the crediting was essential, I would login to the online check in from the lounge, to check that the account on the BP is the right one. Not rock solid, but it did help me once or twice.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:13 am

I suggest you do a quick mileage run or segment run depending on what you need. With your travel patterns UA Gold is definitely worth it and Marriott Gold comes with it as a nice perk. Trying to recover the miles is likely to be a waste of time as other members of this forum have pointed out.
Old May 14, 2017, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

@CehofskiMD: I should still easily be able to make it to *G, but it will be a bit later in the year. I forgot about the Marriot Gold, that is a nice perk indeed.

@wazow: thanks for the suggestion! I think I will keep my Eurobonus account open in the end; I already started crediting my flights to UA (been a longtime member, so did it without thinking about it), but I might decide to go for Eurobonus Gold next year instead as UA Gold won't allow me to use Fast Track or CPH Express as far as I'm aware.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you are based in Denmark and SK is your preferred carrier, it makes little sense to go for UA elite status (despite any lower thresholds for Gold/elite status w/ UA) rather than EBG. EBG status will be more worth for you in all respects when flying SK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.