Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Gold benefits on SAS | SK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Gold benefits on SAS | SK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA silver, HH Gold
Free seat selection for Star Gold?

I just booked CPH-SFO-CPH and it was free for me as A3*G to choose seats after. The text still says it is only free for SAS Gold and above.

Is this a glitch or a recent change?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:17 pm

Sounds like a glitch, should be EBG/EBG only
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Works for me on TK*G and A3*G
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:23 pm

does that apply to bookings you already made as well?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by jamesclandestine
does that apply to bookings you already made as well?
Yup, mine are all made on flysas.com and FF# was entered when booking.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Yarrick
I just booked CPH-SFO-CPH and it was free for me as A3*G to choose seats after. The text still says it is only free for SAS Gold and above.

Is this a glitch or a recent change?
Everyone can select seats when flying intercontinental on SAS. The question is if you could select ALL of the seats in GO? Some of the seats you have to pay for if not SAS Gold.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by diesel2k
Everyone can select seats when flying intercontinental on SAS. The question is if you could select ALL of the seats in GO? Some of the seats you have to pay for if not SAS Gold.
Oh, yes... you're right. On Intercontinental flights SK allows ASR for free but you have to pay for "Preferred Seats" which are free for EBG/EBD.

https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-inf...at-selection/#

On shorthaul only EBG/EBD have free ASR.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:55 am

my bad I thought we were talking about european legs..
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by diesel2k
Yes, I got an exit row seat, row 31.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
Oh, yes... you're right. On Intercontinental flights SK allows ASR for free but you have to pay for "Preferred Seats" which are free for EBG/EBD.

https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-inf...at-selection/#

On shorthaul only EBG/EBD have free ASR.
I don't think ASR is free for SK GO:

SAS Go passengers can choose their preferred seat for a fee or starting 22 hours before departure free of charge.

If you compare the wording in Go and Plus, then you'll see that if you fly Plus you can get ASR for free. Basically SK offers you ASR if you pay - and only for the better seats. You can choose your seat when you check-in online.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Yarrick
Yes, I got an exit row seat, row 31.
Please report back if you really get your seat. I did it with LH using my *A G, I "seemed" to got all our seats assigned. Then at OLCI we didn't get the seats assigned. I think it was definitely a glitch - another reason to avoid LH.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by jamesclandestine
my bad I thought we were talking about european legs..
Just to add a few data points; I've been able to choose seats for my last 3-4 intra-European flights as a UA*G... including exit rows. It's probably a glitch but who am I to complain
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by js200
Just to add a few data points; I've been able to choose seats for my last 3-4 intra-European flights as a UA*G... including exit rows. It's probably a glitch but who am I to complain
I've gotten free seat selection on intra-Europe since at least last September as *G and for a flight booked this coming July, not only for myself, but for my non-status companion as well. It has worked on all of my past 8ish flights with no problem.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I've gotten free seat selection on intra-Europe since at least last September as *G and for a flight booked this coming July, not only for myself, but for my non-status companion as well. It has worked on all of my past 8ish flights with no problem.
Did the non-status companion get seat assignments when traveling on a single itinerary with yourself (the status holder)? Because that will work, if she booked individually it shouldn't have.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Did the non-status companion get seat assignments when traveling on a single itinerary with yourself (the status holder)? Because that will work, if she booked individually it shouldn't have.
Yes. We are on same reservation. (But I am only *G, nothing with Eurobonus)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.