Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SK2534 CRJ Cancellation BHX-CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Hi,
Luckily, this week wasn't my week for enjoying the delights of SK2534 ex-BHX to CPH as my friend who was on today's flight had it cancelled. The captain announced that the plane (CRJ-900) couldn't fly at the normal altitude so needed more fuel to fly at a lower altitude. After sitting on the tarmac for two hours the flight was eventually cancelled.

In the 90+ times I've been with SAS over the last couple of years I've never heard of this before. Is this common?

Thanks
Phillip
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by PhillipD
Hi,
Luckily, this week wasn't my week for enjoying the delights of SK2534 ex-BHX to CPH as my friend who was on today's flight had it cancelled. The captain announced that the plane (CRJ-900) couldn't fly at the normal altitude so needed more fuel to fly at a lower altitude. After sitting on the tarmac for two hours the flight was eventually cancelled.

In the 90+ times I've been with SAS over the last couple of years I've never heard of this before. Is this common?

Thanks
Phillip
No that is not a very common occurrence. It is a bit difficult to guess what happened based on the information. It could sound like problems with cabin pressure, but it would be strange to even consider a revenue flight under those conditions. I don't think ATC restrictions would force them that low.

But definitely not usual.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I recall a dual case on a very short haul flight with LH. It was actually scheduled to fly on low altitude and over land, so there was very short safety demo (just seat belts). Then once ready to take off, the pilot apologized that ATC asked us to move higher, and we had to repeat the safety demo with oxygen masks. This was about 10 years ago though.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:00 am

I was on 2533 to BHX like every Monday morning, all seemed to be fine - and I've also never heard nor obviously experienced something like that. For the records, the aircraft went back to CPH the morning after (ferry).

G
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
So it was tech most likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.