Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Is SK considering cutting fast track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is SK considering cutting fast track?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:07 am

While i agree that it is quite easy to get EB Gold in comparision to e.g. LH SEN the new earnings made it pretty difficult for a lot of people to keep Gold without some supplementary mileage runs.

l know quite a lot colleagues which have a hard time to maintain Gold while jetting on cheapest GO tickets through the Nordics.

Dont think you can get Gold for $1000. probably more in the region of 2.500 to 3.000 as long as you don't qualify with super cheap now or never runs to Us or Asia. (Which then cost time, hotel and food)
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:04 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by fassy
While i agree that it is quite easy to get EB Gold in comparision to e.g. LH SEN the new earnings made it pretty difficult for a lot of people to keep Gold without some supplementary mileage runs.

l know quite a lot colleagues which have a hard time to maintain Gold while jetting on cheapest GO tickets through the Nordics.

Dont think you can get Gold for $1000. probably more in the region of 2.500 to 3.000 as long as you don't qualify with super cheap now or never runs to Us or Asia. (Which then cost time, hotel and food)
The "easy" way to get EBG for people jetting om the "cheapest GO tickets through the Nordics" (like myself) is in sectors. 45 SK/WF sectors give EBG, i.e. a GO R/T every second week, or a monthly R/T with a connection.

As of today I am just one sector short of requalifying for EBD (89 of 90), but I am 24595 points short of requalifying, which sort of confirms your point that it is difficult to qualify on points. If I were to requalify for Gold on points, I would do a business R/T to Australia or New Zealand, which, with connecting flights in Plus, would take me very close to EBG on its own
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Arguing for SK to get rid of its fastback because it doesn't benefit you when flying other airlines doesn't make sense either.
I think you misunderstood. I'm not arguing to get rid of SK fasttrack because it doesn't benefit when flying other metal. As EBG or EBG you can use SK fasttrack as long as you fly *G metal. I'm arguing to get rid of SK fasttrack because it's opening hours doesn't always fit my early or late flights no matter whether these are SK or other *G metal.
A proper *G express gate is a side effect, which would benefit the whole *A community, but it might not happen even if the SK fasttrack and local express gates are merged.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:10 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
. I'm arguing to get rid of SK fasttrack because it's opening hours doesn't always fit my early or late flights no matter whether these are SK or other *G metal.
So, because you cannot use the fasttrack, no-one else should be able to use it either?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
So, because you cannot use the fasttrack, no-one else should be able to use it either?
No that is definitely not what I'm writing. I'm talking about merging the fast track and local express gateways, which would expand the opening hours og the SK FastTrack. The rules for access should off course still be the same, which they more or less already are if you compare LH Miles&More at CPH Express with SK Eurobonus at SK FastTrack.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
It's true that CPH Express has much better opening hours. But at least for me this benefit is illusory. At 10pm when I land there, forced to take the regular line, both are equally empty. So I am not so much put off by the line in the slow track, but by the distance to walk back to the lounge. I would not like to suffer this for every day flight as well.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by wazow
It's true that CPH Express has much better opening hours. But at least for me this benefit is illusory. At 10pm when I land there, forced to take the regular line, both are equally empty. So I am not so much put off by the line in the slow track, but by the distance to walk back to the lounge. I would not like to suffer this for every day flight as well.
On weekdays evenings the opening hours are ok, but for the early morning flights and on Saturday evenings it's often a pain. Saturday closes already at 17:45.

You never know. They might move the CPH express for terminal 3 to the current location of the SK fast track if they merge them. They definitely could use the extra line or two for the general security check, and they can easily expand the security check at the current SK fast track location.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yes, I would like this solution
Old May 26, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Seems not to have been reported in here:

As of early May SK offers fast track at MMX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.