Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Is SK considering cutting fast track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is SK considering cutting fast track?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:49 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
For me, fast track would have been a selling point if it was granted to *G. Plus or j ticket is currently the only way to get any priority security on a SK ticket in CPH for non-SK golds so the system actually discourages me from flying SK.
I liked the old plus tickets, flexible at decent price, so i did use the fast track a lot. Now with plus saver, "tunnbrödsrulle" for breakfast, lunch and dinner There is no particular reason to use SK on an econ ticket.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Somehow, I am so used to having fast track that I don't really think about it.

When going to new airports, or new airline/airport combinations I don't actually check whether it is available in advance. I kind of expect it to be there, but it is hardly an influence on what I book.

I do get annoyed when I am suddenly stuck in the standard queue, annoyance is typically gone rather quick after getting through security.

So if I really had to be honest in a survey such as this, it is a highly appreciated perk. But it probably does not move my purchase decision. E.g. I know if I fly NH J out of Tokyo Haneda I will not get fast track. But I still fly them when the schedule fits.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:56 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Seeing that SAS this week opened a new dedicated SAS-only Fast Track at OSL (to the left of the "old" security screening area) I would be surprised if they got rid of this. DY has also gotten its own dedicated fast track in the new part of the terminal.

(I did not check whether the old fast track was still operative)
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ksu
Seeing that SAS this week opened a new dedicated SAS-only Fast Track at OSL (to the left of the "old" security screening area) I would be surprised if they got rid of this. DY has also gotten its own dedicated fast track in the new part of the terminal.

(I did not check whether the old fast track was still operative)
I doubt they are actually planning to cut it. But that does sometimes still make sense to gauge your customer's perception.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:21 pm
lnz

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ksu
Oh, SK Fast-Track, what a pain. I am travelling to/from GOT regularly and saw their Fast-Track being enhanced over time. First only EBG and SAS-Plus ticket, later also Brussels Airlines Gold, recently added Turkish Airlines Gold.

I think - not quite sure now - even AirBerlin Gold can use Fast-Track in GOT.

But you can certainly not as LH SEN...
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by lnz
Oh, SK Fast-Track, what a pain. I am travelling to/from GOT regularly and saw their Fast-Track being enhanced over time. First only EBG and SAS-Plus ticket, later also Brussels Airlines Gold, recently added Turkish Airlines Gold.

I think - not quite sure now - even AirBerlin Gold can use Fast-Track in GOT.

But you can certainly not as LH SEN...
You have to blame LH for that.... not SK. The other carriers pay the airport for the service and LH decided not to
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I like Fast Track... it makes me happy. I would be disappointed if they got rid of it. Manchester is already annoying at certain hours.

My only other direct flight option between MAN and CPH is EasyJet... and I am not fond of them to say the least.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
For me, fast track would have been a selling point if it was granted to *G. Plus or j ticket is currently the only way to get any priority security on a SK ticket in CPH for non-SK golds so the system actually discourages me from flying SK.
I liked the old plus tickets, flexible at decent price, so i did use the fast track a lot. Now with plus saver, "tunnbrödsrulle" for breakfast, lunch and dinner There is no particular reason to use SK on an econ ticket.
Exactly! At OSL it seems to keep changing - I think now *G gets regular fast track but not the SAS fast track.

At CPH there is no "Gold Track" from Star Alliance - neither CPH Express nor SAS Fast Track can be used, which is pretty annoying.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by ung1
Exactly! At OSL it seems to keep changing - I think now *G gets regular fast track but not the SAS fast track.

At CPH there is no "Gold Track" from Star Alliance - neither CPH Express nor SAS Fast Track can be used, which is pretty annoying.
I had a TK *G card for two years and I tried to use it last time at CPH when flying on a GO ticket. I was brusquely rebuffed in Amagerkansk at CPH express, which otherwise shows access for TK *G. I had to fly TK to use that service they said.....

At ARN it can be particularly ridiculous. I flew Swiss C class, which had check-in in the old T5 area near the B pier security. There Norwegian has a fast track, but for their use only. So Swiss customers had to take a huge detour to the SAS end of the terminal and then back-track thru the duty free to reach the lounge and A pier. It was better to use regular B pier security.

Can Star Alliance not put more pressure to have SAS cooperate? This nonsense about XYZ airline not paying for it is ridiculous, especially when they don't even operate from the airport in question. What's the point of having an alliance?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by gnaget
What's the point of having an alliance?
Reach more destinations/sell more tickets.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by fassy
Reach more destinations/sell more tickets.
Ok, what's the point of Star Alliance Gold if there is no reciprocation? SAS *Gs have access to priority security across the globe where SAS does not operate and has not made any extra financial contributions.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:53 pm

The Star Allicance is primary an instrument for the carriers to increase ticket sales and broaden their network. And that works resaonably well... (besides e.g. transatlatic joint venture which clearly discriminiates airlines like SK which are not member of it).

To even market that idea better they created alliance wide perks like lounge access, business/first-class check-in and so on. Security Fasttrack was not part of the alliance wide perk package and has been added recently with the addition that it needs to be a *A security fasttrack.

Also I have been rejected from fasttrack at various airports across the globe since I was no LH SEN or whatever.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gnaget
I had a TK *G card for two years and I tried to use it last time at CPH when flying on a GO ticket. I was brusquely rebuffed in Amagerkansk at CPH express, which otherwise shows access for TK *G. I had to fly TK to use that service they said.....

At ARN it can be particularly ridiculous. I flew Swiss C class, which had check-in in the old T5 area near the B pier security. There Norwegian has a fast track, but for their use only. So Swiss customers had to take a huge detour to the SAS end of the terminal and then back-track thru the duty free to reach the lounge and A pier. It was better to use regular B pier security.

Can Star Alliance not put more pressure to have SAS cooperate? This nonsense about XYZ airline not paying for it is ridiculous, especially when they don't even operate from the airport in question. What's the point of having an alliance?
Yeah I've had similar experiences. They seem to be trying to fix this by introducing Gold track security, passport control etc but I'm yet to see it working anywhere.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: More than one
I'm actually in favor of ditching the dedicated fast track gates. Merging them with the local express gateways will give me the possibility to use the express gateways for my early or late flights where the SK fast track is closed.

In order to use a dedicated SK fast track today you have to be gold or diamond or flying plus or business on SK metal. I doubt this will change if they merge with the local express gates. The merge might result in the local express gates becoming proper *G express gates, which would be an real improvement when flying on early none SK metal flights.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Seeing how trivial it is to maintain EB Gold, for anyone that really frequently flies, this should be a non-issue.

Starting from scratch, I would place EB Gold at about $1000, ignoring AMEX offers and such. Seeing how most folks that do any kind of reasonably frequent travel will qualify for the majority of that amount, it is a minimal 'convenience' charge to qualify for Gold and benefit from fast-track. Which at least in ARN and most of the time in CPH actually is a fast-track as opposed to a slower than or just-as-slow-track like in FRA or LHR.

Arguing for SK to get rid of its fastback because it doesn't benefit you when flying other airlines doesn't make sense either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.