Lounge access in Scandinavia

Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access in Scandinavia

I have several flights coming up in Scandinavia (HEL-ARN-LAX / DUB-CPH-OSL) later this month; I am also a Star Gold member of SQ's FF program.

Would I have difficulty accessing the SAS lounges if I want to credit the miles to my TG FF number, when I have no status on TG?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:35 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
If you have your physical card with you it might work, give the BP and card to the agent and explain upfront your situation.
Ideally you could fill your PNR with both FQTV (FFP Number for miles accrual) and FQTS (FFP Number for status) but I am not sure if SK supports this and if it does, how to fill them.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:41 am

The best option is to check at the gate with the gate agent to have the right FFP in the reservation. The lounge agents might insist of putting the *G FFP in when you access the lounge on a different FFP then registered.

in my opinion just waiving the gold card and passing by the desk does not work in 99% of cases
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Bring the card and explain what you are doing with simple language as the lounge folks are simple people.

I used the same approach to build up AA status by putting the AA FF # on the tickets and using my BA physical gold card to enter fast-tracks and lounges. Flashing cards in the US works a lot better, in Europe you might find a few more "computer says no" and you need to explain.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bfernand
I have several flights coming up in Scandinavia (HEL-ARN-LAX / DUB-CPH-OSL) later this month; I am also a Star Gold member of SQ's FF program.

Would I have difficulty accessing the SAS lounges if I want to credit the miles to my TG FF number, when I have no status on TG?
At CPH and ARN and OSL, I frequently just show my *G card from one FF program while my boarding pass is showing a different frequent flyer program than that noted on my card. Haven't had much of an issue because of that. The bigger problem I have is when using award tickets issued by a FF account other than mine, but the FFP*G card in hand works just fine for me with a same-day Star Alliance departing flight.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I currently don't get automatically access at ARN though being SK *G. No idea why. At CPH it works without any issue even with the same boarding pass. The staff at ARN opens nevertheless the gate without any question for me. And exactly the same happened also to +1.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
I used to be gold with Air New Zealand then decided I was better off getting gold with SAS, so for about 9 months I collected SAS points but used my Air NZ card for lounge entry, i never had a problem getting into any SAS lounge at the time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.