Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Involuntary downgrade issue ANA on SAS award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary downgrade issue ANA on SAS award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Carriers are very reluctant to deal with award tickets of other carriers/other FFP. So it is of no surprise that NH preferred to get your wife to MUC (to resume her MUC-OSL flight) rather than rebooking her all the way to OSL (which would have been required if rebooked via FRA and OSL); most likely NH would have been unable to/or allege to be unable to unless I class/award seats were available on LH or SK to OSL).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Scribble
The reason they stated was that the delay wasn´t their fault but due to air traffic control issues in PEK.
PEK connections should be avoided for exactly this reason.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
But the operating carrier was originally LH. And then it very much applies.

So i do not know who is "extremely unhelpfull".
LH has nothing to do with the downgrade whatsoever. Please read the OP.

NH operated the delayed segment and offered her the voluntary reroute which included a downgrade which, in fairness to you, resulted in cancelled out a no longer necessary LH segment.

If OP were to do as you suggest and file a claim for a refund with LH, it would presumably throw up its hands -- if air carriers have hands -- because all it knows is that at some point someone issued a ticket on its flight and then at another point, someone else cancelled that ticket on that flight. LH would deny the claim and OP would lose any subsequent attempts to collect against LH.

I am not even certain that OP would have a claim if the Regulation applied. This was entirely voluntary. OP could simply have continued on, misconnected and waited for the next LH flight with F availability. OP would have been delayed, but never downgraded.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Op probably received miles for the new flight, which may be close to the mileage difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.