Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Damn your punctuality SAS!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Damn your punctuality SAS!!!

<snowflake_notice> This is a tongue-in-cheek thread </snowflake_notice>

Please stop arriving sooooooo early at CPH on the LHR-CPH route. It means I have to wait ages for the train to Sweden!

Last night we arrived a full 20 minutes early so I _just_ missed the earlier 21:26 train by a couple of minutes and had to wait a looooong time for my usual 22:26.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:48 am
Suspended

We fly together, I think
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
We fly together, I think
Yay! Invite me to the lounge. I have no status...Ha ha...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Or just fly direct to Sweden...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Or just fly direct to Sweden...
No convenient airport - it's quicker via CPH and then train from CPH.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
One hour sounds about the right time to get through passport check at the train platform at CPH...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh! 20 minutes early again last night. Damn you, SAS!!!

Obvously I'm only kidding and this entire thread is tongue-in-cheek.

Being serious for a moment, I only wish that other airlines could take a leaf out of SAS's book on how to board a plane efficiently, how to deal effectively with cabin baggage, how to treat customers nicely throughout the flight (even those like me with the cheap tickets) and how to be punctual nearly all of the time.

SAS: Superb airline!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In comparison to BA? Whats your reference?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Definitely in comparison to BA. Pretty much every aspect of the journey is considerably better as an Economy traveller at least.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by rumbataz
Being serious for a moment, I only wish that other airlines could take a leaf out of SAS's book on how to board a plane efficiently, how to deal effectively with cabin baggage, how to treat customers nicely throughout the flight (even those like me with the cheap tickets) and how to be punctual nearly all of the time.
Do you travel on heroine or what reality do you live in?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Reality. 2 months of weekly flying on SAS as experience to point to. YMMV.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Do you travel on heroine or what reality do you live in?
Well, in terms of on-time performance (which is the main topic on this particular thread), I do agree with the OP and, whilst dealing with drugs (at least the supply chain behind them, intended as curative drugs ) on a daily basis, I can assure I'm not a consumer as such

G
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
They do a half decent job in terms of punctuality, planes couldn't be boarded more inefficient and priority boarding fails completely 99% of the time, the amount of times I've been treated nicely in my hundreds of SK flights can be counted on one hand and dealing with cabin luggage is a total fiasco on every single full flight. I understand YMMV but having these wonderful experiences week after week seem very unlikely unless your only comparison is flying FY.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Isn't the only reason they are half decent in terms of punctuality because they pad their flight times so much? ARN-MMX is a 55 minute flight. They have it as 1:10 during peak times, and 1:05 during non-peak times. They calculate what their average delay will, be, add that to the estimated flight time, and *presto-chango* they are on time.

For European flights they routinely add 30 minutes or more. Just compare what the pilot says and what is on the booking. It is ALWAYS much shorter in all directions.

I am not complaining about this per se, but simply stating that it is easy to be on time when you calculate your delays into you flight times.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JR67
Isn't the only reason they are half decent in terms of punctuality because they pad their flight times so much? ARN-MMX is a 55 minute flight. They have it as 1:10 during peak times, and 1:05 during non-peak times. They calculate what their average delay will, be, add that to the estimated flight time, and *presto-chango* they are on time.

For European flights they routinely add 30 minutes or more. Just compare what the pilot says and what is on the booking. It is ALWAYS much shorter in all directions.

I am not complaining about this per se, but simply stating that it is easy to be on time when you calculate your delays into you flight times.
All airlines do this. The pilots announcement is from wheels up to wheels down. Where as the schedule needs to leave time for taxi and waiting for take off time.

Typically a flight from Copenhagen to London or Paris takes about 1h35m in actual flight time. In the schedule it is set for 2:05 to leave room for time needed for congestion in the air around these two airports.
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.