Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Give away gold card - 404 on new website

Old Feb 12, 2017, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, MM FTL

Dear all,
has any of you tried to give a gold card recently? I just tried, and the page that is sent to the receiver via email ("XXX har skickat dig en inbjudan") is the following:

https://www.sas.se/misc/my-profile-c...uroBonus-kort/

which leads to an 404 error. Does any of you know a better link to accept the invitation?

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I am about to try to gift a gold card as well. Have you succeeded? Or anyone for that matter? (I would prefer to avoid the embarrassment of first offering, asking for the EB number, and then not giving ...)
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: *G
No problems medio January, but of course that was before the troubles reported here. If the website should give you problems, the diamond email should be helpful.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:43 am

I had a lot of 404s on the new website... switched over to the IE and it worked... I then cleaned all cookies and cached data to gve it another try in Chrome and voila... it worked!

Try that!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: SK Gold
Might be related to new site, might not be. When I gave away one last September I had to try about 15 times over three days before it would work. I can't remember if I ended up using IE or Chrome, but I know I used both..
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, MM FTL
Eventually it worked, but not with the link in the email. Your friend needs to log into his/her account, and there accept the invitation (which I forgot where that is done). But beware, not all browsers will work (from an iphone it does not, it simply hangs), and it might be quite slow depending on the time and day.

But eventually, after countless tries and 2 emails to Diamond hotline, it worked. Quite embarrassing indeed.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold
If new website is not working (as it does in 99% of cases) try to use flysas.com.
Its still on old system and usually works much better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.