Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Paying for food on board with EB points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue

The PA announcement on board SAS suggests that food can be paid for using your EB points. Is there a 'price' list available somewhere for the points needed for the various items of food?

I don't eat on board my short flight anyway but wanted to understand the value of SAS EB points.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by rumbataz
The PA announcement on board SAS suggests that food can be paid for using your EB points. Is there a 'price' list available somewhere for the points needed for the various items of food?

I don't eat on board my short flight anyway but wanted to understand the value of SAS EB points.
It is marked in the onboard menu, which is available online.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by rumbataz

Unless you have some orphaned points then I guess it's good to redeem them but otherwise I'd rather pay cash for BoB food.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Blimey! I just found the menu online. One flight would earn me enough points to buy a small bottle of water. LOL.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Eurobonus
U dont get much value when u use your points on board...
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by pallmie
U dont get much value when u use your points on board...
Welcome to FT and the SAS forums!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:13 pm

Be aware that because the planes are not online you need to pay w a credit card,state that you want to pay w points,then you get your payed money tranferred back and points withdrawn when after some days when they have checked that you actually had points.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold
The worst idea ever to pay with points for food onboard!
A beer would cost EUR 6 (7-8 USD), meanwhile prices 1100 points. Those points worth at least 25 EUR, if you buy them from Eurobonus. So its at least, 3x times loss.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I think there are two cases where I can understand paying with points. On the one end non-frequent travellers who travel e.g. once a year to e.g. Spain and don't collect points through other channels. And on the other end people who just have a tremendous amount of points pouring in because of work and don't need to care.

Originally Posted by meanie.me
A beer would cost EUR 6 (7-8 USD), meanwhile prices 1100 points. Those points worth at least 25 EUR, if you buy them from Eurobonus. So its at least, 3x times loss.
Maybe that tells more about the real value than the 25€ price tag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.